Menu
help - 8 hour layover in Guangzhou
Apr 14, 2004 15:12
  • HOST
My wife and I have an 8 hour lay over here on the way to and from Thailand. I am looking for suggestions on things to see in the city that would take only a few hours. I am open to anything. How long is the cab ride from the airport to the city? Is it advisable to try and squeeze a few things in? I would appreciate any help or suggestions you can offer.
Apr 14, 2004 15:12
  • DALE
Guangzhou airport is quite near to the city center. Taking taxi will cost you less than RMB15.00. A city tour is very convenient. As for the sightseeing spots How about Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall and the Five Ram Statue in Yuexiu Park?

Good luck!
Apr 14, 2004 15:13
  • KAREN
Do you mean the GUangzhou Baiyun International Airport?
If by the regular bus of airport, you will spend about 15 minutes and RMB. And it will take same time and RMB20 by Taxi.

You can visit Yuexiu Park, Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall and Temple of the Six Banyan Trees, etc during your 8-hours'layover in Guangzhou.

Also you can shop or taste the Cantonese cuisine!
Cantonese cuisine is known for its fresh, delicate flavors. Freshly bought ingredients are prepared the same day and cooked just before serving, using little oil or spicy seasonings. Dim sum, which means "light snack," is a branch of Cantonese cuisine which dates from the 10th century. It also has a the literal meaning of "touching the heart," the way to someone's heart through their stomach.

Enjoy the 8 hours in Guangzhou!
Apr 14, 2004 15:14
  • HOST
Thank you for those who replied. I will certainly hit up the spots that were recommended. Again thank you for your help. Happy Holidays to all.
Apr 14, 2004 16:53
  • YAZOO
Be sure you have a visa to enter China, otherwise you get stuck in the airport.
Bus from airport to center : if no traffic should take about 15 minutes, if a lot of traffice can take up to 1 hour (as was in our case).
Most interesting thing to do in Guangzhou : eating.
Post a Reply to: help - 8 hour layover in Guangzhou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code