Menu
Visas rejected at Chinese Consulate for Criminal Record
Oct 7, 2019 18:09
guest14070 Hello, I'm hoping someone can offer me some advice. A visa agency told me that me and another guest on our upcoming trip to China had to go straight to the Visa office ourselves in San Francisco because we said we had convictions on our records. (18 year old drug charge and DUI for one person and a 4 year old Burglary for the other person). We both wrote personal statements and showed employment letters, promised to stay with our tour group and obey laws.

The clerk took our papers in the back and told me she'd call me back up in a few minutes. When she did she gave them back to me and told me they couldn't issue a visa. I don't know if that is a formal rejection or not. Our trip is prepaid and my child is going on the trip as well and we feel rather desperate. We cannot get a refund but we are thinking of doing new applications and claiming "no" to criminal background just to try through a visa service. We are good citizens who made mistakes in the past and paid our dues.

Does anyone know if they gave me all my papers back and didn't process my application if records would show we were rejected? I'm not sure what the difference is. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The first service told us to go in person and we had to travel and take time off work to go to San Francisco because we aren't from there so we don't know what to do next. Please let me know if you have advice.
Post a Reply to: Visas rejected at Chinese Consulate for Criminal Record
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code