Menu
Traveling to China to cruise to Japan
Dec 18, 2019 09:45
guestTMKOKOT I've already inquired about whether we would qualify for the 144-hour visa exemption and am anxiously awaiting a response from ZUPAN (I needed to clarify info). Here is what I asked in my original post: Driving from upstate NY on 3/17 to Toronto airport; flying out of Toronto airport am of 3/18; layover in Taipei, Taiwan for four hours; arrive @ Pudong airport in Shanghai on 3/19; staying in Shanghai 3/19-21; cruising from Wusongkou International Terminal, Shanghai on 3/21; cruising to Japan; returning 3/28 (same terminal); staying in Shanghai until 3/30; fly out of Pudong airport on 3/30 to Toronto w/a 4-hour layover in Taipei, Taiwan; landing @ Toronto airport 3/30; driving back to home.
I have called the DC Consulate Visa office, they couldn't answer my question. I called the NYC Consulate Visa office and she said that I need a Visa, but when I questioned why as we were transiting through Shanghai for the cruise, she started to hedge (I was told that they really want to force you to purchase a Visa), and suggested that I call Royal Caribbean. Royal Caribbean didn't have an answer (why even bother having the department if they can't answer what seemingly should be a relatively easy question). I tried to call five other Consulates, disconnected or no answer.
Where to stay in Shanghai? Near the Bund? Recommended hotels, please.
What to see while in Shanghai?
Where to avoid so that we don't end up missing our cruise due to detainment?
Knowledgeable input gratefully accepted :)
Post a Reply to: Traveling to China to cruise to Japan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code