Menu
What do you think of wearing masks to prevent COVID-19?
Apr 12, 2020 20:52
  • OLIVETREE
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 49 vote(s)
  2. 14 vote(s)
  3. 12 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Do you think it is necessary for everyone to wear a mask to prevent the human-to-human transmission coronavirus?

About COVID-19
In recent months, the COVID-19 coronavirus has spread across the globe and hit most of the countries seriously. So far (until April), there are a total of more than 1,840,000 confirmed cases all over the world and the death toll reaches 114,090. This is a catastrophic pandemic threatening everybody.

Should I wear a face mask for precautions?
Many public places have been locked down and the government urges all the people to keep social distance to avoid close contact with others, wash hands more often, clean and disinfect surfaces. However, as for whether people should wear face masks to prevent the coronavirus, there are always some contradictory theories.

In the beginning, in the US, as I know, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) did not recommend anyone without a disease to wear any mask as they seemed to think it was unnecessary, so said the American president Donald Trump. However, as the coronavirus pops up worldwide and the US becomes the country with the most confirmed cases, things changed. On April 3, CDC changed the comment and advised all the people even who feel fine should wear a face covering in public places.

In China, the country where the coronavirus firstly outbroke, no matter the Chinese government or the medical experts all advise common people to wear surgical masks besides social distancing. Later, this even has become a compulsory measure as people without masks are not allowed to enter any public places like supermarkets, malls, and subway stations. China does make remarkable progress in curbing the virus and a lot of Asia countries like Japan, Singapore, South Korea which have comparatively lower rates of confirmed cases all keep urging people to wear facemasks. So maybe it really works for common people to wear masks to protect against coronavirus.

Anyway, as far as I am concerned, it is really suggested for everybody to wear a mask if you plan to go to public places. However, as the masks are difficult to buy, a scarf or a cloth to cover your face is available. Still, the best ways to prevent coronavirus are to stay at home for social distancing and wash hands with sanitizer. Hope everyone can stay safe and healthy!

Apr 20, 2020 02:51
  • JESSE4QB
I think everybody should wear it.
Last edited by JESSE4QB: Apr 20, 2020 02:53
May 2, 2020 17:11
  • ERIC1
Hello!

I am sure most members here are familiar with the WHO (World Health Organization).

WHO was the organization that declared Covid-19 a worldwide pandemic and is considered the most authoritative voice on medical issues in the world.

I have studied their directives very carefully. This is what they have to say about wearing masks now:

"A medical mask is not required if exhibiting no symptoms, as there is no evidence that wearing a mask - of any type - protects non-sick persons.
However, in some cultures, masks may be commonly worn. If masks are to be worn, it is critical to follow best practices on how to wear, remove and dispose of them and on hand hygiene after removal "
Post a Reply to: What do you think of wearing masks to prevent COVID-19?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code