Work Visa (Z) and Marriage Certificate
Oct 29, 2020 21:36
guest95480 Hi everyone,

I am an American citizen living in New Jersey. I accepted a job offer at a university in Guangzhou, which asked me to send to them the relevant visa application materials including authenticated documents (specifically FBI-no criminal record certificate, work experience document, and diploma certificate) at the Chinese Consulate in New York. Since my wife and daughter will accompany me to China, the university also asked me to send them original copies of our marriage and child birth certificates. The university never mentioned authenticating the original copy of the marriage certificate at the Chinese Consulate in New York. Should the marriage certificate be authenticated in the same way as the FBI-no criminal record certificate and diploma certificate? I ask because my wife and I were married in Ireland. If authentication is required for the marriage certificate, would that require us to also work with the Chinese Embassy in Ireland? I appreciate any thoughts on this (perhaps unusual) situation.
Post a Reply to: Work Visa (Z) and Marriage Certificate
(You can post as a member (login first) or a guest!)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code