Menu
Better Investment Place, the Pearl River Delta or the Yangtze River Delta?
Aug 6, 2005 08:54
  • MERMAID
Which is better, the Pearl River Delta or the Yangtze River Delta, for investment?

Take Suzhou and Shenzhen as example, which is more ideal?

And Shanghai and Guangzhou?
Aug 7, 2005 19:11
  • GAZ07
er i know the onswer to this one! whichever is developing fastest...

SCORE!
Aug 8, 2005 14:43
  • CONNY129
For travelling ,I perfer Suzhou to Shenzhen ;for investment ,maybe Shenzhen is better .
Aug 8, 2005 16:01
  • CALIFORNIA
I think Yangtze River Delta is better than Pearl River Delta!You know,YRD covered the city Shanghai,the south of Jiangsu(Suzhou,Wuxi,Changzhou,Nangjing,Zhengjiang,Yangzhou and so on)and the north of Zhejiang(Hangzhou,Ningbo,Huzhou and so on),in this area,Shanghai is the largest ecnomic city,and Suzhou is the most city of attracting foreign capital.PRD covered the city Guangzhou,Shenzhen,Zhuhai,Zhongshan,Foshan and so on,the advantage of the area is they depend on HK and Marco.The two areas are so different,YRD has many foreign companies,and PRD has many civilian companies, I don't know which field do you want to invest,but I think YRD is better!
Aug 8, 2005 21:17
  • GAZ07
I would rather travel in Iraq than go back to Shenzhen.

I also thought Suzhou was overrated to be honest.

But i do agree with BACKPACKER, YRD is clearly a better investment option. A visit to the Shanghai Urban Planning Museum highlights the huge ambitions for the future. Won't be long before Shanghai becomes the epicentre of the whole of Asias economy.
Aug 8, 2005 23:46
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,GAZ07,what happend in shenzhen?is it distressed memory of you?btw,I agree with your opinion!but I really don't like the city shanghai!
Aug 9, 2005 19:27
  • GAZ07
Different people have different experiences. Mine was good in Shanghai, even though i was robbed and scammed. But Shenzhen has left scars on me, it's something i will never forget. My first experience of mainland China:-

The small room i shared with 5 pimps/prostitutes. The people squirting shoe whitening cream on me as i walk down the street. The city that has no atmosphere or life, but is just one money-making machine. The fact it has NO culture and everybody is the same. YUK.

Thankfully, China got a hell of a lot better than Shenzhen.
Aug 9, 2005 23:41
  • TALLBOY
All friend, please comment our China on the other hand. Why you choose China to investment? I think mostly as their radily economy and lots of chance. I believe all country have their problem and disadvanage, but how's your attitude to face this cases. put somethink happy you was encountered on there, maybe you will love China soon.
Aug 10, 2005 08:57
  • CALIFORNIA
It is unbelievable!!!It is a pity for your experience!!!I will go to Shenzhen in this Sept.I really don't know what will be happened!Oh,GAZ07,pray for me!!!
Aug 10, 2005 15:44
  • MERMAID
Shenzhen's growth relies heavily on policy.

It is definitely not a city for living. I agree with GA007.

I prefer Guangzhou but also admire Shanghai's potential.

As to Suzhou, I am totally confused.
Aug 10, 2005 16:12
  • CALIFORNIA
yes,you are right,I agree with you!Oh,Shenzhen,what will be happened to me?!Su Zhou as a part of YRD,she has successful cooperation with SG,from then on,Su Zhou become the most attracting foreign capital city!I remembered that the GDP of Su Zhou was equal to a whole province(Anhui)in one year!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Better Investment Place, the Pearl River Delta or the Yangtze River Delta?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code