Menu
Some questions about culture and such
Aug 8, 2005 14:31
  • HANNAH
Hi,

I'll be travelling to Shanghai with my boyfriend to meet his parents for the very first time. So, I wanna give them a good impression of me. I would like to ask, how do I address his parents? In Malaysia (and in Hong Kong too), we address our friend's mother as "aunty" and father as "uncle". How about in Shanghai? Do you use those same terms when addressing friend's parents or is there some Chinese term for that? I'm Chinese too, but being from Malaysia, I'm sure our cultures would be somewhat different.

Secondly, I would like to know if there's a Hard Rock Cafe in Shanghai? If there is one, can someone provide me the address for it or maybe direct me to some URL where I can find more information about this?

And lastly, my trip will be during the first 2 weeks of November. I would like to know what season will it be at that time: Autumn/Winter? On average, what will the temperature be like? This is so that I can bring the suitable clothes for the weather.

Thank you.
Aug 8, 2005 15:08
  • RITA
Hi HANNAH,

I traveled to many provinces within China and I think addressing your boyfriend's parents "Aunty" and "Uncle" are find and polite.

About the Hard Rock Cafe, I do not know if this is the one you are looking for:

Shanghai
Hard Rock Cafe Shanghai
1399 Shanghai Xi Lu, Jiang Jing Mansion
12th Floor, B Room,
Shanghai 200040, PRC

Hard Rock Cafe
-----Temporarily closed for renovations----

Shanghai Center, 1376 Nan Jing West Road
Pu Xi District
Shanghai, Shanghai
Jing An Station

+86 (0)21 6279 8133
Fax: +86 (0)21 6279 8399

It is winter in November in Shanghai. Here you can find the details about climate in Shanghai:
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/climate/shanghai.htm

Good luck!

Rita
Aug 8, 2005 15:10
  • RITA
Here is the picture about the Hard Rock cafe.

Post a Reply to: Some questions about culture and such
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code