Menu
Looking for...
Aug 8, 2005 22:29
  • JAZZKID
Hello, My name's Jasper and I'm heading to Kunming in late Aug to study at YNU for 2 years. I had a few questions to ask anyone who might be able to help me...

Does anyone know someone who needs a housemate for Sept. on? I'm looking to have my own room, but otherwise would like to share a place. I've heard that paying 60-70 USD a month per person isn't out of the question, but I don't know for sure.

Does anyone know of a martial arts teacher in Kunming? I read a review on this site about a guy that teaches out of Dali, but since I'll be living in Kunming I think that would be an excessive commute (unless he teaches the 5 point palm exploding heart technique :) ).

How is the YNU Mandarin course for foreigners? I've been trying to ask my contact at YNU about course schedules, classes, and other details but haven't really gotten much of a response.

Thanks in advance for your help, and if anyone wants to hang out when I get to KM, drop me a line.

Thanks again

Jasper
Aug 8, 2005 23:05
  • CALIFORNIA
It is a good choice that you will study chinese in KunMing,YNU is a good university in the weat of China,but it is not famous in China!Yun Nan province is a wonderful province,I think,you will be very happy in there!I have sent a message to you!
Aug 9, 2005 09:24
  • CONNY129
Wocca knows everything about YNU , ask him ,that must be helpful :)
Aug 9, 2005 09:27
  • CALIFORNIA
LOL,I agree with you!
Aug 9, 2005 11:23
  • KYLE
Wocca has left Kunming now. Good luck getting some info. I'll fill you in with all I know. The Hump guesthouse is a great place to find information on all the things you asked. There is Kunfu classes posted here. I've heard that Kunming is one of the best places to study in China. The weather is good, the people are nice, and its cheap. As for an apartment. I am also looking for someone to get a place with. When you arrive we can meet and then decide from there. Anyways there is a ton of postings and either Camilla hotel or The hump, its not hard to find a flat mate.
You can try and ask Wocca about the program at the Uni, he worked there, if you cant get anything tell me and I'll make a stop there.

Good luck and see ya soon
Kyle
Aug 11, 2005 07:20
  • JAZZKID
Thanks for all the responses guys...hopefully I'll get to meet you all. First round's on me!

Jasper
Aug 11, 2005 08:43
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,you are so kindly,welcome to BeiJing!!!
Post a Reply to: Looking for...
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code