Menu
Mature tourism market?
Aug 9, 2005 09:29
  • MERMAID
The ten most profitable industries in China of the year 2004 cover real estate, medical care, express highway, power, net games, burial, education, etc. Luckily enough, tourism is not among them. Is this to say the tourism market in China is on the way to maturity?
Aug 9, 2005 09:36
  • CONNY129
I'm not sure about it .

If sth is profitable ,many people will engage it until there is little profit ; now that the tourism is not among the ten most profitable industries ,maybe that is because it is on the way to maturity otherwise we did not explore its potential efficiently .
Aug 9, 2005 09:52
  • RITA
I feel upset that education in this country becomes one of the most profitable "industry".

Rita

Aug 9, 2005 09:53
  • RITA
For God's sake, if maturity of tourism means every interesting place is surrounded by hotels and shops and amenities, I am happy to hear that it is not yet mature.
Aug 9, 2005 13:51
  • MERMAID
Dear Rita, i understand how you feel about the industry of Education.

However, as the teacher's purse is growing (which has nothing to do with their social status or image", you cannot deny this.

Aug 9, 2005 14:02
  • RITA
Thank you, Mermaid.

I hope the size of teachers's purses grow proportionably with their career ethics. :-) Teachers are still one of the most respected careers in China, but I guess it is declining.
Mar 6, 2006 15:24
  • SABERXLCR
China is predicted to have a growth of 10.4% per year for the next decade in the Tourism & Travel industry.

This makes it rank as the fourth fastest globally. Hong Kong ranks ninth with 9.2% growth per year.

These numbers are actually lower than they were because of the SARS epidemic scare.
Post a Reply to: Mature tourism market?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code