Menu
Price from Beijing Airport to hotel
Aug 9, 2005 21:24
  • SHIVERS
Hello,

I asked the hotel I am staying in if they could arrange for a taxi to pick me up from the airport. I have received a reply that quotes £24.20. Does this sound like a reasonable price? My hotel is located at: Qian Men East St, Dong Cheng District. I'm happy to pay a fair price, but I just don't have a clue how far the hotel is from Peking Airport.

Thanks,

Siobhan

Aug 9, 2005 21:49
  • CALIFORNIA
hi,soibhan,it is a little expensive!Though it is far away from the airport!I think,the price will be less than 100RMB!
Aug 10, 2005 02:00
  • SHIVERS
Hi California,

Thanks for this. I'm not quite sure what to do. The email I received said RMB350N and I used a currency converterto calculate the sterling.

Is it worth just booking a taxi when I get there then? I suppose it's just that I'm a lone traveller - I don't want to linger around the airport!!

Thanks,
Siobhan
Aug 10, 2005 07:32
  • YUNZA80
Hi,Siobhan:
I have not been to Beijing airport,but I searched on the internet for it.I find that there are 2 ways you can choose to the airport.One is to take the special bus provided by the airport, which drives from the airport to DongZhiMen ,XiDan civil aviaton building and GongZhuFen .The bus ticket is 16RMB.Another way is to take taxi.It will cost 40RMB if you take the taxi which be paid 1.2RMB per kilometer.

So ,I think the price which hotel reply to you is much higher.You'd better bargain with the hotel.
Aug 10, 2005 09:02
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Siobhan,
You are welcome!I think the easiest way to you that take a taxi in the airport,it is easy!!!You shouldn't book a taxi by the hotel!That was so expensive!!!
Aug 10, 2005 20:15
  • SHIVERS
Thank you both very much. It sounds like too much difference in price, so I'll either get my own taxi (and show the taxi driver my hotel written in Chinese) or get the bus.

Bit disappointed that the hotel would want to overcharge by so much - charging a higher rate I would be OK with, but that's just too much!

Thanks again,

Siobhan
Aug 10, 2005 21:42
  • CALIFORNIA
ok,good luck!and have a nice trip!
Post a Reply to: Price from Beijing Airport to hotel
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code