Menu
Windsurfing near Shanghai
Aug 11, 2005 19:24
  • VLADIS
Hi All!

I'm going to be given a job in Shanghai but I'm windsurfer. So could someone tell me if I can do windsurfing in Shanghai or where is the nearest place not far from Shanghai to do it? It's important to get this job :)

Thank you!
Aug 15, 2005 16:38
  • LAMMAY
Hi Vladis,

I'm from HK, also going to relocate to SH in Dec, also I windsurf in HK and would like to look for places to windsurf in SH. Heard some people said there is a lake nearby, also looking for information.

May I know where you from?

lam
Aug 18, 2005 19:21
  • VLADIS
Hi Lam!

Thx for your answer.

I'm from Moscow, Russia.

It's good to have this lake nearby, but what about seaside? Why we can't surf on the ocean?
Maybe some islands?

By the way, I have pointed to reseave email message when someone answer me in this forum but I haven't reseave anything :(

Vlad.
Aug 19, 2005 20:47
  • SHAWN
I'm very keen on watching Windsurfing match,
I'd love to Windsurf,but I live in away from seaside.
Shanghai locate on a coast,It is no great distance
Aug 22, 2005 18:27
  • VLADIS
It depends only on your own desire. I live in Moscow. It's about 1200 km from the sea. But I can do windsurfing. You can use lakes, rivers etc. You can go to the sea during your vacations.
You only need Good Wind.

I even can do kitesurfing in Moscow. It's much more difficult because you need stronger wind. So, just try...

By the way, is it possible to do snowboarding in China? Where can I do it near Shanghai?
Aug 31, 2005 21:12
  • AKIM
Hi there:

I am french, my third year in Shanghai.

You can do some windsurf in Shanghai (about 1 hour by car from downtown to the west), on a green water lake:

Shanghai Dong Xing International Yacht Club
Mr Gu Ming Hua,
8500 Huqingping Road
Qingpu Area
201721 Shanghai
tel: +86-21-5929 2470
mob: +86-138 0179 6666

they only speak chinese.

Boards and sails are good quality, but the only problem in Shanghai is the wind.... few and not constant.
They also rent some water ski (400 Rmb/hour) and jets.

In 3 weeks, I will visit an other lake, will keep you informed.

I am going to Dalian tomorrow for WE, It is famous for Windsurf (i mean famous in China... this wont be Tarifa...), I will check that spot.

Qingdao must be good to also.

Sout of Xiamen is really nice water, waves and wind, but i never see any rental.
The best thing to do, is to book hollidays in south asia like Bali, Thailand, Malaysia, and you can get 1 week with perfect conditions, but you know that already.

About the snowboard:
2 places: Yabuli and Beijing;
Most of the chinese are beginners, so few infrastructure. Yabuli is far on the North, near Haerbin, they have good slopes, but it could be really cold. The problem is: the best slopes are only for "professionals".... so, ur turn to convince them you are "professional". Yabuli is good if you go for a North China visit, but it is not worth to go there for one week of snowboarding.
The best is still Beijing, with a Pipe, one hour and an half from downtown, with real good snowboarders.

Hope it helps.

If you got more info, post it please.
Sep 13, 2005 08:21
  • VLADIS
Hi AKIM!

Thanks a lot for the information.

You've spend tree years there! How do you find it?

OK, I'll keep inform you (and others) if I find something new about X-sport in China.

Maybe you've seen the wakeboard ride in the Shanghai Dong Xing International Yacht Club? They have water ski so I guess it's possible to do wakeboarding there.

Well, best thing to do snowboarding is Beijing. Maybe you know is it just park or it's a real mountings? Couse as far as I know it's possible to find mountings with snow only on the North of China.

And the last question please: can I find some equipment in Shanhai - snow/wake/surf/boards, sails, closes etc or I have to take it from home (Russia). And what about the price? I guess it must be cheaper then in EU because normally it is made in Cnina.

Txs in advance,

Regards,

Vlad

PS. I've been in France this spring. We've crossed whole country by the car. Spend 2 days with a tent on the ocean near the Great Dune (on the west of France). Wonderfull country, I have frends there...
May 24, 2009 21:23
  • JOEFROMLAWN
Hi Vlad,
I am moving to Moscow and was searching the internet and your post came up.
Are you familier with windsurfing in/around moscow.
Thanks
you can reply directly to gmail.com|joefromlawn as the only reason I joined this blog was to send you this note and probably wont be going back to it.
Thanks
Joe
Aug 3, 2009 07:26
GUEST35114 I love windsurfing. there are only 2 lakes you can really use: DiShuiHu and DianShanHu. DianShanHu is the most talked about but it is in a wind vacuum. Its inland and he wind is very low and very gusty, also their kit is around 250rmb to hire. The lake is quite interesting to move around though. The DiShuiHu is south east of shanghai, past the airport. It's close to the sea so the wind is stronger and more constant. The lake is sectioned, and the windsurfing portion is a little small. The kit is about 100/hour and all brand new. I drive out there most weeks, about 75KM from center Lujiazui, and a taxi would rush you atround 250rmb each way. If anyone wants to share a ride try me on I...A....N....(AT).....S..T..R..A..M..A..R..K....C..O..M
Feb 27, 2010 21:29
GUESTJAN this is Jan from Penghu, Taiwan.

If you are windsurfers or kitesurfers and you have some vacation, there is this place called Penghu in the middle of Taiwan Straight famous for its strong and consistent wind in the winter.

You need take two flights to come to Penghu, but it is worth the trouble.
Hope the information is useful to you all.

Jan
Last edited by SIVA: Feb 27, 2010 21:44
May 19, 2010 10:09
GUEST72239 Has anyone windsurfed in qingdao? IS there a rental school there?
thanks
dragon
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Windsurfing near Shanghai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code