Menu
Fortune and fate
Aug 13, 2005 17:19
  • CATHERINE
Oh, Rita, you gonna to be a fortune teller, hehe...
Aug 13, 2005 17:32
  • CONNY129
If someone can tell me waht's animal symbolize the one born under the year of dog ,that would be great!!
One of my friends told me he was born under the year of lion ,oh~~~ quite interesting !
Aug 13, 2005 17:33
  • CONNY129
I mean in the western system :)

Aug 13, 2005 17:59
  • RITA
Sometimes I doublt what those so called fortune tellers say, but I do believe that everything or phenomenon has a good reason behind it.

Here are some other examples: such as lines in palm tell people's life/ fortune, length of philtrum and eyebrow indicates the life-span and the way people walk sometimes tells if they are extravagant or penny-pinching; the thickness of people lips could tell if s/he is talktive or inarticulate, and so on.

Tracking years by different 12 animals must be one of the greatest ideas in China.
Aug 14, 2005 16:00
  • MISHEN
Ah, I'm a typical rabbit! That's good to know!
Aug 14, 2005 16:23
  • ELCABRON
Thats really interesting. But maybe some people take it tooo serious. I read in an article that at the end of the year of the horse (I think it was) many women decided to get their children shortly before the regular time, just to avoid their baby to be the next years symbol. So the following symbol is not that popular?
Dragon and Tiger are best? What about the pig or the rat?
Aug 14, 2005 16:29
  • RITA
One thing seems evident that companies (especially in South China) like pig year girls to work for them, for the pig year girls bring fortune to the company; many men, too, have the same kind of feeling that marrying a "pig year wife" will greatly advance their careers.
Aug 14, 2005 16:59
  • CALIFORNIA
yes,following the horse year,is the SHEEPS year!!!In most areas of China,if a person was born in the sheep year,it is too bad,especially for the GIRLS.Of coures,it is unfounded!!!From the olds,they said the "sheep girl"will take the bad life to the man!!!For example,my grandpa was strictly determined to oppose that I marry with a girl who was born in the sheep year!!!LOL!
Aug 14, 2005 17:07
  • CALIFORNIA
Btw,I agree with Rita,I think the better is Pig,Dragon,Tiger,Mouse......
Aug 14, 2005 17:16
  • ELCABRON
Because the pig character is supposed to be honest and helpful - they would never betray. They believe in the goodness of every human being....right?

In Hong Kong Ive seen a complete street full of fortune tellers - it must be so popular.
Page 2 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Fortune and fate
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code