Menu
Retirement in China
Jun 3, 2008 05:54
  • JABAROOTOO
Larry,
Everyone needs a visa, a little hard to come by right now with the Olympics
Get onto it now or you may miss out

No nothing is hers until you have signed on the dotted line. Suggest you do a lot more research or you will get done like a turkey.
Jun 3, 2008 13:41
  • ELLYSE
You definitely need a visa, duh.
I wonder why do some people never seem to read about visa requirements, which sit at the front of the "basics" sections of most guidebooks?!
Jul 6, 2008 23:56
GUESTHILDA are you the dr loving who is teaching now in china
Aug 7, 2008 08:37
GUESTBODOCOTH I would not advice retirement in China unless you speak a Chinese dialect fluently and have a really good grasp of Chinese culture. For a westerner like me, a two weeks tourism trip around China seemed more than enough. After that, having a good time became very hard to achieve.

Just for comparison, I lived in Japan for 7 years, and never felt like I belonged to the place or met someone who did, although a lot of foreigners choose to live there for the economic stability.
Oct 14, 2008 13:29
GUESTLOU Please I woul like some information about Elementary School for my son in Xian China. I need to know if I can find American School over there. Thank you. Lou
Dec 12, 2008 12:04
GUESTJOHN SQ... Keep me posted, I am married to a chinese citizen and we live near Los angeles, I would like to retire there in two or three years. ez103.com|jsquyres
Jan 14, 2009 11:44
  • BALONEY
This is EDUARDO again. I visited China and enjoyed it very much. I went to Guangzhou, Guilin and Hangzhou. Guilin was the best. Stayed at Waterfall Hotel, excellent 5 star hotel. Went to 7 Star park and took a trip on boat to Hangzhou.

Next, I'm planning a trip to Hong Kong and surrounding areas for Chinese Lunar New year of the Ox.

Is anyone else planning ?
Jan 15, 2009 09:25
  • BALONEY
Is Shenzhen a good place to retire?

What are some of the advantages and disadvantages?

I like it because it is close to English speaking Hong Kong.

Hong Kong would be too crowded, I think.

My experience with inner China was that very very few people spoke English.

Feb 19, 2009 13:44
  • QUESTIONS
shenzhen is not a good place to retire even though it is next to Hong Kong. People in Shenzhen are very cunning and i don't trust them. By the way, i had lived there in 1990 and had lived in Hong Kong for 7 years. Never feel safe in Shenzhen. sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 19, 2009 13:58
  • QUESTIONS
Every corner of the world has nice people and assholes. Totally agree. Cultral difference is a major issue. i have been lived in US for the last 9 years, and i have never felt i fit in. Of course, lots of colleagues are ass. if you don't think or speak the way Americans do, they laughed at you. At least, Chinese don't do that.

I suppose wherever one lives, one has a need to feel the sense of belongings. Acceptance by the others are crucial for the adeptation in the foreign countries.
Page 4 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Retirement in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code