Menu
is it possible to get from Guilin
Apr 14, 2004 16:21
  • DORON
Hello,My wife and I are planning a backpackers' tripin China. We'll arrive in Guilin airport on April 8thin the evening, and we'd like to go to Yangshuo.My question is, is it possible to get from Guilinairport to Yangshuo after 21:00 ?Is it safe to take a bus at night ? What should be the price ? Can we find a hostel in Yangshuo if we arrive therearound 23:00 ? Any other tips ?...Thank you very much, Doron Bracha.
Apr 14, 2004 16:22
  • NIHAO

Hi. There is no way you are able get to Yangshuo from Guilin after 21:00.It seems to me that the bus service is not available after 9pm.
And you can take a bus the next day morning !
Get the tickets in a bus station near the Guilin train station. there is a shift per half an hour and the charge is 10 Yuan per person ! Its definitely safe enough to get there.
Since now it is slow season! I am sure you can get Inns or guesthouse at 23:00.
Goodluck
Apr 14, 2004 16:23
  • TEDDY

I am not sure whether there is the bus from the Guilin airport to Yangshuo. But I am sure that there has the bus to
Yangshuo fron the Guilin Southern Railway Station. The last bus departs at the 22:00 pm..And there is a bus every 10
minutes, RMB 10 /person. To Yangshuo, it will take abour one hour and a half by bus.

To get the railway station, you can take the special bus line from the airport.

But I am strongly suggest that you find a hotel in Guilin and stay overnight. Because it is so late and dangerous.

Hope it can help you :)
Apr 14, 2004 16:34
  • YAZOO
We arrived in Guilin after 21.00 and arranged a private car from Yangshuo to pick us up. Price was relatively high 180 RMB, but with the cheap hotel prices in Yangshuo (60 RMB for a nice double room), it was still cheaper than a hotel in Guilin. Furthermore you can start exploring around Yangshuo the next morning (no need to take a heavily touristic and expensive boat trip from Guilin to Yangshuo).
Post a Reply to: is it possible to get from Guilin
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code