Menu
Wuhan sharing a room 2
Aug 19, 2005 01:31
  • YEMMIE
Still hoping someone out there can give me some insight into the feasibility of a foreigner sharing a hotel room in Wuhan with his Chinese girlfriend. No one has any information? Come on folks, I promise this is not a casual thing. I'm talking about someone I want to marry in the future.
Aug 19, 2005 07:57
  • CROBERTO
Don’t worry, my friend. The world doesn’t stay worst with this. I think with love we can make our world better. Although refrain your affection in public places. I have heard that the affection isn’t demonstrated in public in China. Kisses are almost forbidden. I saw a couple kissing in Beijing, the people stop to see them. Anybody can confirm my foreigner perception? Can I kiss my Chinese girl in a public place?
Aug 19, 2005 08:48
  • RITA
CROBERTO,

What you heard was history :), kisses and hugs in public, or namely: PDA (public display of affection) are accepted by the public, you see a lot of people do that in the parks, college campus, etc. No one forbid people doing that unless they do that at the wrong time, wrong place.

Sure, you can kiss your Chinese girl friend in public place. :)
Aug 19, 2005 21:35
  • GAZ07
It's all a bit ridiculous really....

It's frowned upon to show public affection in "the wrong place and at the wrong time" or share a hotel with your lover, yet it's perfectly fine to tie up 30 birds in a 2m x 1m cage or put a monkey in a dress and poke it with a stick while it dances in a zoo (Guangzhou).

Come on China, what's up with that?
Aug 20, 2005 01:14
  • CROBERTO
Rita,
You are my new teacher of Chinese habits. Aren’t you? Today this is the second lesson you teach me. It's good for me to know that affection is not rejected in public places. The affection makes us better. Let’s kiss and hug !
Nov 8, 2005 19:34
  • PINETREE
Hahaha, Yemmie - someone you wanna marry in the future ?
Yea, the critical word is "future" !! The Chinese are not so stupid like u think !!!
Dec 3, 2005 09:01
  • YEMMIE
It is a shame that you are so cynical. I suppose it is understandable, but if all I wanted was some fun, I could stay home and save a lot of money. I assure you that my intentions are entirely honorable. I really do love this woman and I plan to marry her as soon as She and I can make the arrangements for her to come to the U.S.
Dec 3, 2005 23:42
  • PINETREE
Hahaha, Yemmie. My apologies.
Instead of going through so much trouble and risk being punished by laws, why not just stay at her home ? After all, you will be part of the family soon.
Good luck.
Dec 4, 2005 20:16
  • SNOWBIRD
Huh??

Post a Reply to: Wuhan sharing a room 2
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code