Menu
Jiuzhaigou-a taste of Heaven?
Oct 11, 2005 00:48
  • TERRYSPYYDER
Remember to bring your raincoats and umbrellas. You may need it. I just came back about a week ago. We were caught in a heavy drizzle. The climb up the steps to Fairy Pool is much tougher in the wet conditions. I saw many people using oxygen tank. Funny thing though...the weather is cool but I am sweating inside the raincoat... aaaahhh!! no fun in wet weather.

Nov 14, 2005 00:12
  • EDYHARTO
Dear JABAROOTOO,
Sorry for the late response. We were then away enjoying the beautiful sceneries of JZG. No, according to the tour guide, there is no closing season except that they have restricted the number of people entering the JZG Reserve to 10,000 per day - even then, the scenic spots are very crowded. After experiencing JZG, I can say that to view Nature's wonders, we have to cross our fingers right, otherwise, nature does not display her true wonders in time or the inclement weather will spoil the scene and the mood. The time around Autumn's colourful leaves came late but we manage to enjoy the wonderful sights especially at Fairy Pool.

Nov 14, 2005 00:38
  • EDYHARTO
Hi, ZYGOTE,
Hope I can catch you before you embark on your journey to JZG Paradise. I think your timing is right if you want to see the colourful leaves. We were a bit early and could only see some red leaves, but then the variety of the colours was also good. By this time (Nov) the weather up there should be quite cold and sometimes unpredictable. Bring along your raincoat if not buy one from the natives whenever your bus stops. Enjoy!

Nov 14, 2005 00:49
  • EDYHARTO
Hi, TERRY CHNG,
Thanks for the tips which I read it only after my return. Yeah, we missed our raincoats and had to buy them from the local hawkers. But lucky for us, the weather in JZG was sunny and cloudy - no rain. I believe there is no need for oxygen tank, even for an older person like me. At 3,000 odd meters above sea level, I was told that the oxygen is an excess but should the tour guide recommended it and it was bought, there are only two places to use, in the vicinity of Long Sea and on top of Fairy Pool. Don't you agree. Thanks again for your tips..Cheers!

Nov 14, 2005 05:08
  • HLOUIS
It enjoys a very high popularity in China, located in Aba Tibet&Qiang Nationality Autonomous Region,about 380km from Chengdu, the capital city of Sichuan. "Jiuzhaigou" actually was named because there are 9 Tibetan villages inhabited in the valley.

It's late for me to say that October is definitely considered the best time to visit,trees become colorful in late autumn,so does the whole mountain,waters are always green and blue,especially with the colorful shadow on the surface. There is no wonder it's called the fairy land on the earch.

You must know that it's the top tourist attraction in China, every day thousands of tourists are going from all over the country, to some certain, it's not so beautiful as before.

It opens to tourists all the year, the road from Chengdu is good, takes about 6 hours to drive. Won't be closed for any reason. The other option is to go by air,40 minutes flight from Chengdu. Hotel accommodations are very modern,no tourists are not allowd to stay inside the valley, many hotels in the vicinity of the main gate.1 6-star Conference&Hotel Reserot, 1 Sheraton 5-star, lots of 4 and 3 star hotels. Many local restaurants nearby,mostly Sichuan style,hot and spicy. Tibetan dance show at night is a good entertainment.

There are also some cultural attractions for tourists,some Tibetan temples and villages,friend Tibetan families.

For more information about the tour in Jiuzhaigou and Sichuan,please contact me at: mail.china.com|hlouis

Wish all you guys a good trip in China!
Nov 15, 2005 08:15
  • EDYHARTO
Hi, HUANG JIN,
I cannot agree with you more that JZG is one of the best place China can offer. I love Autumn for its cool windy and fresh air. I also love Autumn for it myriad colours of leaves and JZG have them all. Someone in this forum wanted to know whether the leaves are colourful when he travels in November 05. My two-cents worth is that they will be for this year. After our return in late Oct 05, our tour guide sent us a photo of the colourful leaves and they are more beautiful than before....
Oct 1, 2007 23:10
GUEST28695 Hello!

My hubby and I are planning to go Jiuzhaigou/Mt. Emei and Leshan on 31st October and coming back on 9th November 2007.

May I know how is the weather like? Is it still Autumn or starting to be Winter already?

Thanks.
Oct 2, 2007 04:18
  • CHINAMATT
Stay away from Jiuzhaigou during any national holidays--the crowds were terrible. If you have to go during a holiday, take the park bus to one of the stops near the middle of the park and work your way up the park, then go back toward the entrance--it helps to avoid too many people. Also, try walking as much as you can since most visitors get off the bus and don't wander much further than a 15 minute walk. Remember, if you go in early May, it's still cold. I'd recommend going in fall when all the lakes and rivers are full and flowing--during spring the lakes are at some pretty low levels.
Oct 12, 2007 12:16
  • ELLYSE
Weather Underground historical weather data:
Emeishan: http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/56385.html
Leshan: http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/56386.html
Oct 3, 2011 03:44
  • EDYHARTO
Five years have passed and after much travelling to visit beautiful sceneries, I still think JZG is the best, a piece of undisturbed paradise although crowds would visit this place each day.

The cultural show at the Jizhai Paradise hotel Grand Theatre was as impressive. Someone said that the girls of JZG were beautiful. He is not wrong. I managed to capture some of them whilst they were performing, singing and dancing and indeed, a close up picture shows that they are beautiful. But I don't know whether it is the makeup or the good climate that did the job so well.

Perhaps someone who knows can comment, hehehe!

Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Jiuzhaigou-a taste of Heaven?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code