Menu
Guizhou ideas
Aug 23, 2005 13:11
  • EXPATINCHINA
I have heard that Guizhou is a good place to see minority groups and do some off the beaten track stuff.Does any one have any sugestions?

Thanks
Aug 24, 2005 12:18
  • ANITA
Yes, I think Guizhou is the right place for you to explore ethnic groups culture and their residence.
Aug 25, 2005 04:32
  • RITA
There are many good places to see minority groups,west China, northwest, northeast China are all good to see different minority groups.
Aug 28, 2005 10:30
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi there,
I've just got back from some time in Guizhou and south east Chongqing Province. Last summer I did southern Guizhou too. It's a great place to visit with some of the most spectacular scenery as well as people. The best starting point is Kaili and you can stay in many small villages to the south around Leishan. Lenge is one just of the road north of Leishan and Xijiang is the other which is up the valley beyond Leishan. These are getting a little trafficed now by the Chinese but they don't overnight there and you can take good walks through the valleys if you stay overnight. You can go south east from here to Rongjiang ans Congjiang and Zhaoxing and also around Xingyi to the south west. Anyway I'm in the process of writing all this up for posting on the site. You can read it when I have it finished or let me know if you are in a hurry. Scenery wise around Shibing is good with placid rafting a good way to see some of it and the area around Zhenyuan was interesting. I'd skip the Wuyang river cruise unless the sun is out but it's a mini Three Gorges and too short. I enjoyed the more active rafting in two man rafts especailly during the thunderstorm.
Post a Reply to: Guizhou ideas
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code