Menu
Planning my first trip to China and need help
Aug 26, 2005 04:03
  • ELCABRON
Ah, yeah right!!! My fault! I spilt it up in Hard Seat to Datong for 46Yuan and Hard Sleeper to Xian for 130Yuan....which are 18 EUR.

Maybe you should try this ChinaTravelCompany of this page - Im sure they can match my individual plan;-)))
Oh, Im such a slimy creep;-)

Hey Lace, just in case something goes wrong on your trip for the worst case, you can double my costs and you are still cheaper than all tours.....

Of course tours are much more comfortable and you dont have to care for anything - BIG advantage of complete tours!!!!
Aug 26, 2005 04:06
  • ELCABRON
Hey California,

so you know prices but dont want to tell her...why?
Aug 26, 2005 04:11
  • ELCABRON
Train numbers....K715 was to datong and 1675 to Xian.
BUT for your plan, Lace, take the non stop connection, of course!
Aug 26, 2005 04:17
  • CALIFORNIA
To Elcabron:sorry,I only have been to xi'an from Beijing,so I only know the price of this!But you know,Lace has a long trip,from Beijing to taiyuan/pingyao,xi'an then guilin.......I don't know the others,so I didn't say the price!
Aug 26, 2005 04:33
  • ELCABRON
Travelagent;-)))))

Aug 28, 2005 09:53
  • JABAROOTOO
Dear Lace,
Suggest you take train from Xian to Panzhihua, southern Sichuan maybe via Chengdu only to change trains if necessary, from where you take the bus to Lijiang (10hours very special trip). This is my preference over Dali and have done this trip. Fly from Lijiang or Kunming to Chongqing where you can easily do the Three gorges in one day. First take the Express bus to Wanzhou (3hours) and transfer to the Express boat (Hydrofoil) all the way to Yichang where you can make your way to Guilin and Yangshuo. If your interested in more info schedule prices etc send a message. I just did the river by the hydrofoil and preferred it to the regular cruise option which I did two year before
Aug 28, 2005 10:13
  • CALIFORNIA
hi,jabarootoo,your information was so useful,thank you very much!
Aug 30, 2005 07:24
  • GLORINE38
Strongly recommend from Dali,then go further to Lijiang. Lijiang is more interesting than Dali.Lijiang Old Town is very very pretty.

Near Lijiang, you can visit Tiger Leaping Gorge.

Tiger Leaping Gorge is a canyon of the Yangtze River. It's about 15 km (9 mi) long and 2km (1.5 mi) deep. It's a popular tourist destination in Yunnan.

At the west end of the gorge is the town of Qiaotou. At the east end is the town of Daju. Most people that come here hike from one end to the other, either along the "High Trail" or the "Low Trail"

The High Trail has seen the opening of many guesthouses catering to the needs of hikers. You can stop and rest, eat, or sleep the night at any of them.

In the order that you'll see them, starting from Qiaotou, there's the Naxi Family Guesthouse (2h), the Tea Horse Trade Guesthouse (4.5h), the Halfway Guesthouse (5.5h), Tina's Guesthouse (7.5h), Sean's Guesthouse and Woody's Guesthouse (8.5h).

Once you find the trailhead (which is not trivial), you can't get lost. There are painted arrows and advertisements helpfully added by the various guesthouse owners at least once every several hundred meters, telling you how much further you have to go.

Admission: 35 yuan

I prefer Lijiang and Dali in Yunnan.

Apr 12, 2012 21:18
GUESTCRIS Hey so I am in High School and I got a scholarship to study abroad for 1 year, I got China as my country, and I am really excited but at the same time I am a little worried because I know that their culture compared to american's are really different, their foods, characteristics. I am in 10th grade and I am in my second year of taking Chinese and a foreign language, I don't know much. I was wondering if you could tell me of how my time over their would be like, specially the first days, at least an idea.

Also how can I make people like my, well at least my host family? like a present or something?

-Thank you-
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Planning my first trip to China and need help
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code