Menu
Getting to the Summer Palace and back
Apr 17, 2004 11:47
  • ISABELLE
What's the best way of getting to the summer palace and back? We will be staying in the Wangfujing district and plan on spending a whole day at the summer palace with the children (6 and 3 yrs). Where can we catch buses from? If we decide to take a taxi, what is the likely cost and is it easy finding a taxi for on the way back?
Apr 17, 2004 12:04
  • ALANNA
Hi, the Summer Palace lies in the Haidian district of Beijing, many direct buses go there. After all, taking taxi is expensive becuse of long distance.You may take subway and get off at the station named" Xi Zhi Men". Just near the subway's gate,there's a bus station.It takes 1 hour around there.If it's slow for you,you can take taxi and it costs within 100 RMB.
Have a good travel!
Alanna
Apr 24, 2004 08:47
  • JANNE
u saty in Wangfujing, you can take a bus 103 to the zoo and from there take a bus 332 to the summer palace.

Taxi from wangfujing to Summer palace I heard is about Y50.00.
Apr 24, 2004 08:51
  • ALONG
hi

whole day in the summer palace ??? i think it's too much.
if you take 1.2 yuan taxi it will cost 50 yuan and the 1.6 it will cost not more then 70.
Apr 24, 2004 09:06
  • ISABELLE
The cost of the taxi to the Summer Palace isn't really a problem, but is it easy to find a taxi or bus at the Summer Palace for the return into town?

Well, we're thinking of going to the Summer Palace one morning. If a whole day turns out to be too much, we might perhaps go to Fragrant Hill after. Any advice on how to get to Fragrant Hill from the Summer Palace is welcome !
Apr 26, 2004 09:40
  • JANNE
To get to Frangrant Hill (Siang San) u may take a bus there from the East Gate at Summer palace. There two -three buses running there. I can't remember the no. You may find out there.

If you really want to cover most of the Siang San pls alocate more time for it e.g. 3 hours. You need at least 4-5 hours to cover summer palace as this park is amazingly beautiful and big.

Nov 26, 2011 04:34
GUEST24658 hello hi friends i want know that,from beijing station which one is chief and and more eassy way.........means from beijing station there is any bus or subway plzzzzzzzzzzzz inform meeeeee i will wait for your all replyyyyyyyyy

THANKS
Dr. Rajeev Ranjan
Nov 26, 2011 20:16
GUESTLEO
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST24658 View Post

hello hi friends i want know that,from beijing station which one is chief and and more eassy way.........means from beijing station there is any bus or subway plzzzzzzzzzzzz inform meeeeee i will wait for your all replyyyyyyyyy

THANKS[huanh...

So it's just Beijing Railway station, not the Beijing north or south railway staton.
If so, subway line 2 is not far from it. Also, there are many city buses around it.
Post a Reply to: Getting to the Summer Palace and back
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code