Menu
Getting a Chinese Citizenship
May 19, 2008 04:03
guestnon Chinese Has anybody tried to obtain a Chinese Citizenship?
If yes can you give more details.
May 19, 2008 06:42
  • APAULT
No, but if you find a snowball in hell you will know things are looking bright for you!
May 19, 2008 07:43
  • JABAROOTOO
Good One Paul

I wonder what Nationality our guest is????????????
May 21, 2008 04:38
GUEST03104 I am European :)
From a country where we have enough snowballs if that is a help.
May 23, 2008 16:12
GUEST60245 For its own good reasons and betterment of china,china have a good policy,if you are from a democratic country..sorry dude you can never get a chinese citizenship.Every country has its own policy for some reasons..not in the law but am sorry to inform you that getting chinese citizzenship is as hard as getting the citizenship of cuba,n . korea,etc.guess my imagination,you will not be given citizenship so easily.
Jun 6, 2008 03:57
GUEST33131 Chinese citizenship is technically possible but there are very strict rules governing it's issue. even if you marry a chinese national there are no guarantees. you must be able to offer the country something in return for your citizenship which would make you a long lasting contributer to china. such items include things like you are a millionaire and wish to invest all of your assetts here, you hold special patents for limited technologies, etc.
i am a Brit and have been living in China for the last ten years. the reason i ended up here is because Britain does not have such policies and will let anyone in (plus all their aunties, uncles and cousins) regardless of whether they can contribute long term or not. the result is that you can not get a decent job unless you fall into some special catagory that would allow you to sue for descrimination if they turn down your job application.
Good luck to China for putting their own national interests first above the needs of foreigners who will only end up being a drain on national resources.
Until such time as either Britain wakes up, sees the trouble we are in and sorts it out or China kicks me out as i am no longer useful, i will be staying here.
Jun 9, 2008 22:40
  • TOMSPENCER
I remember a TV programme a while back that featured some foreigners who had been given Chinese citizenship. There weren't many of them. One was an elderly lady who had been living in China for decades, had got right behind the whole 'cultural revolution' thing and had toiled in the fields with her Chinese brothers and sisters. Another was a wealthy businessman living in Shanghai. He had been living in China for years, was a senior officer in a big company (can't remember whether or not he was the CEO) and had invested a fortune in the country.

The TV programme demonstrated that citizenship is now open to all foreigners who can demonstrate such serious commitment to China (although I can't remember there being much detail on the actual process of application).
Post a Reply to: Getting a Chinese Citizenship
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code