Some info for travellers to Mutianyu

Written by Ms. MORGANA Oct 23, 2009 23:28
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

Some info for travellers to Mutianyu: We went to the great wall, Mutianyu section, two days ago. We had our hotel translate this on a piece of paper: -> Great Wall, Mutianyu Pass Section - Wait 2-3 hours <- Back to Dongzhimen st 500 RMB We showed this to the first taxidriver (a good idea though, is to get the card of a taxidriver you have travelled with before who showed to be honest, but we tried without) that passed our way, and he was happy to do the job. We went out in search of a cab at 06:50 and arrived exactly at 08:00 where the wall opens. The ride back was under an hour. This was a thursday morning, so there was no traffic. At this time, the leaves are red and beautiful, and I recommend travelling at this time of day (and this weekday) as we were completely alone on the wall (breathtaking experience) for a whole hour, and the restof the time we only saw a few people. Hope this is usefull. You may be able to bargain down the price, but I thought 500RMB was fair, for such a big and great experience, and the driver was happy and nice.

More Great Wall Travel Reviews
1. 4 hours trekking from Jinshanling to Simatai KIMMIE from USA Oct 19, 2009 05:06
2. Rent a Van to Badaling Great Wall EVA H, from Philippines Sep 20, 2009 12:27
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.