Great Wall Travel Tips

Written by Ms. ANNIE Jun 30, 2010 08:59
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

Hi,
I have just finished my Beijing trip with my family.  Overall the trip was fun except for our experience in Badaling Great Wall trip.  We took the public bus 919 to the Badaling.  However, instead of taking the public transport to Ming Tomb from Badaling, we opted to take one of those illegal car to Ming Tomb as we are quite tired then.  The illegal driver was a women and initially agreed for a fees of RMB120 for 6 person.  Our nightmare started when she bring us to a 5 seater car and ask us to squeeze in.  Imagine a 5 seater car for 7 person including the driver.  We are disappointed but since we have to walk quite a distance from Badaling entrance to where her car was, we get in the car at last.  The worst part was she bring us to a local restaurant (the restaurant name is "Nong Jia Xiao Xhi Guan" translate to englishe means Farmer Family Eat In Place) and we ordered two pot of tea, six rices and four simple dishes (one vegetable, one tauhu, one fish and one chicken) but the bill ended RMB1000.  I felt cheated but can't voice my anger at them during that time.  I felt curse during that time.  This experience had make our remaining travel days an unpleasant experience.  Beware of this restaurant and tactics used by the illegal driver.  At the end of trip to Dingling Tomb, she asked for a fees of RMB130 including parking fees which I doubt how true this was but just paid her as I felt so fed up with the whole experience!!!!!

More Great Wall Travel Reviews
1. Travel Tips of Badaling Great Wall ZOEY from Belgium Jun 26, 2010 01:07
2. My traveling experience of Mutianyu PAN from Singapore Jun 16, 2010 22:12
3. Just back from Badaling Great Wall! MATT from SG Jun 11, 2010 05:26
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.