My Travel to Guangzhou

Written by Aug 31, 2010 23:05
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

My new strategy of travel led me to make Guangzhou my first destination to mainland China because several of my friends were going to study in Guangzhou. I decided to go there with them. We took the 2 hour flight to Guangzhou offered by AirAsia which has the best prices in the region.
We arrived at Guangzhou airport very late. Luckily, we met a kind Chinese young man who spoke English perfectly in the airport. He led us to a taxi for the drive to our hotel and didn’t try to charge us a single dime.

I visited the TV and Sight Seeing Tower the second day in Guangzhou. As you can see from most of the photos, the tower us pretty easily visible from most of Guangzhou as it is Antenna or spire 610m tall and is the third tallest structure in the world. From a distance I could see the tower which would light up in mesh-like patterns or different colors. There were plenty of views from along the Pearl River but I had a taxi driver take me to tower which was in the midst of a construction zone.

One of the local people told me not to miss the Pearl River, so I went to see the Pearl River in the evening. Access to the Pearl River was within a 10 minutes walk from my hotel. I was pleasantly surprised when there was a rather long scenic walkway along the river. There were a lot of people walking along the river at night. The colorful light made the river very beautiful.

I heard that there are a lot of local free tour resources in Guangzhou, such as Guangdong Museum(closed on Monday), Shamian Island and Yuexiu Park. Thus, I visited them the following days in Guangzhou. All of them are worth seeing, if you decide to visit Guangzhou, you should not miss them. Some things I want to share with you. Before you trip to these places, you'd better bring your own drinking water to decrease the one-off bottle water. You'd better prepare one-off reused bag once you bring with the food, don't take snack will be more appreciate. One more things I want to mention is that you should prepare good shoes since you would walk a lot when visiting these attractions. I was so tired as my shoes were not suitable for walking so long.

Guangzhou is a famous cate heaven with all kinds of characteristic nosh especially for the well known Yue dishes. I have spent half a day in the snack street. Wow, I never taste such a delicious food before. The restaurants that are inside the hotel that I was staying cost more than the other restaurants in the place. I also found much delicious food in the restaurants around my hotel. These restaurants offer cheaper food and tastes great, especially the breakfast.

I have bought a lot presents in Xiguan Curio City, Hualin Jade Article Street. There are many beautiful and amazing presents in this street. I gave these presents to my family and my friends when I got back to my country. They were very happy and planning to visit China soon.

More Guangzhou Travel Reviews
1. Xiqiao Mountain Park HOL from Europe Mar 13, 2010 10:07
2. Guangzhou in My Eye BING Feb 9, 2010 18:49
3. Experience the Local Life in Guangzhou SUPERGIRL Jan 31, 2010 19:31
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.