Huangyaguan Great Wall

Written by Oct 15, 2010 01:24
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

Since Beijing is always a hot tourist destination and people will pour into the city during the so-called 'Golden Week', I just ran from it to avoid the crowds, for I do not like crowds very much. I chose Tianjin as my leisure destination this national day holiday. Before going to Tianjin City, I went to Huangyaguan Great Wall first as one of my friend had highly recommended, then I went to Tianjin City, at last went back to Beijing from Tianjin by high speed train.

Getting to Huangyaguan from Beijing:
I took a long-distance bus from Beijing Sihui Long-distance Bus Station to Jixian county, then I hired a mini-bus to Huangyaguan, which took me rmb60 and about half an hour. Before going I had searched the internet and people said that it was rmb30 at off-seasons and rmb50 at high-seasons hiring a mini-bus from Jixian to Huangyaguan. Maybe it was because of the holiday that the driver did not take my bid. Whatever, I arrived at Huangyaguan successfully and the driver seemed nice and told me a lot about this section.
Huangyaguan

Some experiences for your reference only:
I do not want to talk too much about my traveling there, but want to share some of my practical experiences. Hope that it will help you who want to and will go there one day.
Huangyaguan again

There were two routes to climb Huangyaguan: west route and east route. Usually people choose west route, for there are more scenic spots along it and the road is easier. I also chose this route. There was a Jingyuan Park under the pass, where the ticket office was located. After entering, one would see Eight-Diagram Tactics, a small garden and other buildings. Most of them were newly-built. After climbing on the pass, there were less spots but the road was not long on it and a tower was standing there. The view on it was good. Since I still got some time, I also went to the east route afterwards. The famous Taiping Mountain Stronghold and the Widow's Tower were on this route. But this route was much longer and it blew hard up there. Personally, I didn't think this route was suitable for the old and children.

More Great Wall Travel Reviews
1. Starting Point of the China Great Wall---Laolongtou DANIEL from China Sep 25, 2010 00:04
2. Travel to Jinshanling by myself PAUL from Netherlands Sep 21, 2010 01:26
3. Are There Two Overhanging Great Walls? BL2022 from China Sep 15, 2010 22:15
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.