Amazing Fall Colors on Juyongguan Pass

Written by Mr. NAYAZ NOOR Oct 27, 2010 05:50
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

Just got back from Beijing and of course a visit to the Great Wall at Juyongguan pass. Climbed up all the way to the 13th Tower and was actually a bit surprised that the wall actually ended there....at the tower. Guess it continues further up, but there is a break. I think the most inspiring thing that took place that particular day( 20th OCT) - A man with just 1 leg, using crutches climbed up all the way to the top! I had seen him along the way and he was actually climbing faster than any of us able bodied people. Strangely my friend got a picture of me with him a few feet behind and i did not realize it until i turned around.... The Toilets on top ( i think near the 12th Tower) are terrible and cannot be used by anyone. Of course all things are expensive at the eatery at the bottom. But it is an amazing experience and a a breathtaking view with some fall colors on the hills. it was a bit hazy on the East side but managed to get some good pictures.... Definitely a must see!

More Great Wall Travel Reviews
1. Beautiful Red Leaves Contrasting with Great Wall PAUL Oct 20, 2010 22:59
2. Huangyaguan Great Wall ROVER from Pakistan Oct 15, 2010 01:24
3. Starting Point of the China Great Wall---Laolongtou DANIEL from China Sep 25, 2010 00:04
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.