Tianjin Station ... not at all user friendly for non-Chinese speakers

Written by Mr. BETHELL Apr 30, 2012 23:21
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

The title just about says it all ...
No maps, no information desks, nothing in other than Chinese script ...
This is a developing area into which MANY foreign visitors will come, both professional and tourist, and the lack of any central information facilityat the station is a very bad thing.
Unfortunately the tourist maps also show the non-existent subways; however the Binhai Rapid Transit system works well enough ... if you happen to need to get to/from (say) Dong Li district on a regular basis ...and can find out that it stops two stations short of Tianjin Station ...
Regards
Dave B.

More Tianjin Travel Reviews
1. Discover China KIRANA from Malaysia May 26, 2011 23:41
2. A Side Trip to Tianjin from Beijing BAKUI from China Mar 10, 2011 02:43
3. Shopping in Tianjin SONIA Mar 6, 2010 03:23
Comments (5)

Mar 9, 2015 14:55 Reply

Mr.SHIRLEY from USA said:

I want to come to Tienjin from Beijing. arriving Beijing airport from USA. Which is the best way to come to Tienjin ? by train ?? or a hired car ? If by train, we have to go to the city of Beijing to catch a train to go to Tienjin ? We plan to come during May 15 to 20. thanks

Mar 9, 2015 22:25
Mr.ROBIN from USA replied:

Shirley, you can take airport shuttle bus line 10 to reach Beijing South Railway Station directly. It costs around CNY 24 and takes around 1 hour. Then you can take high speed train from there to reach Tianjin. The train journey is about 30 to 40 minutes. The second class seat costs CNY54.5.

Mar 15, 2015 19:48
Mr.TILLY replied:

Actually, the best way shall be the direct bus from Beijing Airport to Tianjin and the bus will stop at Tianjin Tianhuan Bus Station. It costs CNY82 and takes around 2.5h.

Aug 24, 2014 11:34 Reply

Mr.PNG KIN THYE from Singapore said:

(1) Is there a high speed train to Beijing from Tianjin, and if there is, how long does the journey take?
(2) Is the air in Tianjin heavily polluted now? It was reportedly extremely polluted some months back.

Aug 24, 2014 21:04
Mr.WAN from Malaysia replied:

1. Yes, there are high speed trains from Tianjin to Beijing. It takes 35 to 40 minutes.
2. The air pollution usually occurs in winter and spring. Currently, the air quality is very good.

Aug 25, 2014 02:13
Mr.PNG KIN THYE from Singapore replied:

Thank you Mr Wan for your information on Tianjin trains and air quality. You are very helpful.
Best Regards.

May 25, 2014 05:19 Reply

DRAGOON said:

just find all things in baidu,check out http://map.baidu.com/,Do in Rome as Rome does,however,a travel guide will be more helpful,effective, I am very willingly give you a hand,but...,a reasonable fee must be necessitated therefore,in consideration of my service and hospitality, I mean, well, I am an interpreter,and that is looked reasonable,haha

Sep 17, 2013 08:19 Reply

Ms.REB said:

it is improving slowly for signage. Thankfully Tianjin people are generally helpful if you ask kindly, and most young people speak some English. They will be shy speak English at first but most are happy to help.
# subway lines now intersect with the Train station, so it is much better than 1 year ago.

May 26, 2013 08:17 Reply

Mr.ALLAN SALVADOR from Philippines said:

I agree with you. I was just there yesterday and today, to and from Beijing, and we had a hard time which window to go to. No English directions at the station.

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.