What you need to know when arriving HKIA

Written by Mr. CARAFINO Oct 12, 2012 21:58
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

You can only take the ferry to mainland China points from the airport on the day you land. You proceed from your arrival gate directly to the ferry terminal ticket purchase counters located near the immigration counters. There are many signs overhead as you walk towards the immigration. Follow the signs. When you arrive at the counter, you must present your baggage tickets which where given to you when you checked in your bags in your country of departure. The ferry service will use your baggage ticket to locate you bags from the plane and transfer them to the ferry, (boat). You may not use the ferry to travel from any ferry port in hong kong directly to a point in mainland China. With the exception of Macau. You may only travel to a ferry port in mainland China from the airport ferry terminal. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR MAINLAND CHINA VISA ALREADY IN YOUR PASSPORT. IF YOU PLAN TO SEEK ONE ON ARRIVAL, BE SURE TO CHECK THE REQUIREMENTS FOR YOUR countRY PRIOR TO LANDING. You will have to wait one hour after purchasing the ferry ticket to depart as the ferry service requires one hour to locate your bags, screen them for contraband and transfer them to the ship. After you purchase your ticket. You will sit or wait in the same area as the ticket counter. it is comfortable and there is free wi fi within the terminal. 15 mins prior to ship departure, you will allowed to transit to the ferry pier. There you will wait again until the ferry gangway is ready to board passengers. I suggest you stock toilet paper and other hygiene items as there will be none aboard the ship, nor in the ferry terminals in mainland China upon you arrival.

More Hong Kong Travel Reviews
1. Advice about Tailors in Hong Kong! MATTHEWS TYSON from Australia Jul 18, 2012 23:08
2. Tin Heung Lau Restaurant GU LI ZHONG from Australia May 3, 2012 19:55
3. Traveler BOGUE from U.S. Apr 16, 2012 18:41
Comments (1)

Apr 3, 2013 07:59 Reply

Mr.PRABIN SHAH from nepal said:

i am citizen of nepal working in qatarand i want to visit hongkong in my vactaion .so what is the process ? can you plz. help me

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.