Cheating and Lying is Everywhere in Guangzhou!!

Written by Mr. JOE Mar 21, 2013 08:09
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

I have been in Guangzhou for 10 days. It was a business trip. In these 10 days I realized that money is holy and the only thing that these people are living for. They are ready to do anything  to earn money like cheating people, lying, stealing. This is OK for them! For example taxi drivers. I dont recommend you  to take private cars for taxi. Because if you don't know exactly where is your destination they will drop you on the half of way. Also be careful with currency exchange. Never change your money on the streets or exchange booths, they will cheat you by giving you fake money or less amount of money and you won't even realize it! This happened to my self therefore I'm warning others to be very careful and not to be flabby! 

More Guangzhou Travel Reviews
1. fake taxi in guangzhou BROWN from United Kingdom Jan 2, 2013 04:17
2. The Best Hamburger in Guangzhou MATT BRYANT from USA Oct 15, 2012 09:29
3. Guangzhou guides and interpreters ANDY from Australia Jul 22, 2012 08:16
Comments (12)

May 19, 2013 13:54 Reply

Ms.LISA from USA said:

In all due respect, who exchanges money on the street??
Get money in your home country before you go, and if you need more cash, GO TO A BANK!

Common sense, people.

Sep 17, 2015 03:25
Mr.JO from Korean replied:

Yes,it makes sense!

Feb 9, 2016 16:14
Mr.FRANCIS from Australia replied:

I travel to Guangzhou and China 4 to 5 times per year, I also ravel throughout Asia and Europe.

It is a shame to hear these comments, however, they are not different to any country throughout the world.

Firstly, never change money in the streets! You have to ask why you would do this, unless you thought you were going to get some sought of advantage, legal or illegal!

Everywhere in the world they tell you, only use proper taxi's, again, why would you chance it? There is no shortage of taxi's, so do you think you are going to get it cheaper?

I find China one of the safest places on earth and the people lovely, however, like every country in the world there are an element of people that are dishonest and cannot be trusted! Again, I find the Chinese much better than most!

Dec 9, 2013 07:57 Reply

Mr.CHONG from malaysia said:

its a pity that since China opened to the world, the bad habits of the Chinese people did not change.We are always hearing news of cheating, stealing, dishonesty etc from the people there. Are the majority of the people ( especially the lowly educated ones) dishonest?? Is money so important that there is no integrity among the people? Its makes one extra cautious when they visit China. It''s a real pity because China has so much to offer -its mountains, caves, rivers etc are so breath-taking.

Sep 17, 2015 03:23
Ms.KATHERINE from China replied:

I am so sorry to hear that but I just want you to know that people steal money or do any bad things to get money,it is not because they like money but because they are poorly educated due to little money to go to school,thus they cannot find a job without a diploma.

Feb 26, 2015 08:05 Reply

ZENCHEN said:

why I was never cheated?

Mar 29, 2014 06:16 Reply

JANIS0714 said:

money cheating is very common in many places in Guangzhou , so if you come here, you should take care every part.

Sep 1, 2013 13:49 Reply

Mr.GRAEME from Australia said:

Most ATMs will accept international ATM cards and give you local CNY at a very reasonable rate with no risk. If you have trouble getting an ATM to accept your card then try the ATMs at an international hotel. That way you don't even have to carry cash.

Page 1 of 3PreviousNext

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.