Ugly Side of Shanghai and Traveling to China Part-1

Written by Jan 28, 2015 16:33
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

Going to business trip and visiting Shanghai Electronics Show OC-24th-2014, I arrived at my hotel Oct-24th evening and after checking-in I decided to walk around the hotel and find some resturant to eat. Suddenly a very nice young gentleman with very nice English speaking by the name of Sam approached me and showed me a sample to sell me brand new Apple Computers with very reasonable price. I showed very interest and followed him to go to his office and he kept telling me just come and look at the computers many times. I said ok and he took a Taxi and after 20 minutes ride we got out of Taxi and he took me to the second floor of an old building somewhere that I still don't know where. However he took me to a building after we entered the office he asked me if I wanted something to drink and I said water please. He then left the room and few minutes later 4-men age 21-45 came in to the room and the older guy age 37-45 asked me (with very good english) for my master card. I told him I need to see the computers first and I wasn't sure if I like to buy them or not-- but they refused and the older man said in a very good english that they are the Shanghai Police and buying counterfeit is illegal in China and if I pay 15000 RMB I can go.

Then I said I did not buy anything and I just came here wanted to see what computer Sam had to offer. But I stand up and told them I wanted to leave their office immediately. But they suddenly attacked and grabbed me punching my face and stomach and took my wallet from my pocket and got my credit card out. With a portable credit card machine asking me to sign for 15000 RMB charging to my credit card. The older guy said they are local-Police and if I do not pay I would go to jail for long time. Only two guys spoke english in that room the younger 21 and the older-34-43.

Few Minutes later their big Boss came in the room (a very ugly angry man with heavy-glass on his eyes and gold chain on his neck was around 58-63 years old) and started to scream and punching me in the face and neck. At the same time the interrogator (another man age of 43-45 nice dress and suit) with excellent and strong english told me that they are "local Police" and Mafia working together and will harm me, jail me if I do not sign my master card and a paper for their service. The older man was the integrator kept saying I would be in big trouble if I don't sign my master card and paper. So I did sign them and they charged my credit card $800 (5000 RMB) one time and $1700 ( 10200 RMB) second time.

But they kept me hostage for 4-hours and wanted more money on my second master card that I told them I had in my hotel. The interrogator said OK and he sent two guys to come with me to to my hotel for my second credit card and those two guys were age 21 the younger and age 23 little older. We took a taxi and came to my hotel to grab my second credit card and going back to their office to charge again and they told me if I did stupid thing I would be in big trouble. But as soon as I reached the hotel I jupt out and informed the hotel manager it was around 2-AM and those two guys ran away as soon as possible. Cut the story short-- I came to USA and followed the case with my Credit Bank and they gave me the company names that charged my credit card that night in Shanghai, they had portable credit card machine.

More Shanghai Travel Reviews
1. Zhujiajiao is worth the drive from Shanghai L from USAL Jun 27, 2014 05:24
2. Visit to Ancient Town PAUL from Schmuck May 11, 2014 05:04
3. Watch out if someone takes to do massage in Shanghai JOHN from Uk Mar 26, 2014 14:44
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.