- Getting around Lijiang. Dont stay in the Old Towns more than 2 days, there is nothing to do. KRISS Oct 9, 2013 05:46
- 2013 Beijing Temple Fair BENNYLAU Feb 26, 2013 03:29
- Malaysian traveling from KUL - LAX vis Shanghai PVG ZATI_DY Jan 3, 2013 20:15
Lost in time in Shaxi
We took a chance on visiting the ancient tea horse caravan town of Shaxi on our way from Lijiang to Dali. It was a little off the beaten path but we had heard great things about the old town and after the crazy tourist crowds in Lijiang, we wanted to try something more authentic. We were not disappointed! The Shaxi Old Town still has a thriving Friday Market where local people trade essential goods with Yi and Yao people from the surrounding mountain villages. You can still see a lot of people in traditional costumes and there are so many different kinds of mushrooms available it was amazing. We hiked to Shibaoshan to see the ancient Buddhist grottoes and went around Shaxi Valley by bicycles that we rented from Old Theatre Inn where we stayed. We wish we could have spent an extra day or two here exploring, as the people were wonderful, especially our Bai hosts at the guest house. Highly recommended!
1. A 13 Days Trip in Yunnan - Three LITTLEPEACH May 23, 2013 02:30
2. A 13 Days Trip in Yunnan - Two LITTLEPEACH May 23, 2013 02:30
3. A 13 Days Trip in Yunnan - One LITTLEPEACH May 23, 2013 02:27