The Best Time in Northwestern Yunnan

Written by Nov 3, 2006 10:11
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

I didn't plan on staying in Lijiang long. Like some other writers on this forum, my first impression of the town was that there were too many tourists. I prefer out of the way places, so I was ready to head out for Shangrila and perhaps beyond. However, I met a tour guide who changed all of that for me.
Now, I'm one to travel alone - even if there is hell to pay - but being with David (DVD) made me feel perfectly at home in Lijiang - a feeling I could have never had alone. He lives there and he made me feel like I did, too. His energy and wit are wonderful, and he is someone you can count on. He helped transform a would-be mediocre visit into my best memory of China.
I am sharing that experience and opportunity with anyone out there - the opportunity to make a trip to northwestern Yunnan far more enjoyable.
DVD has tours all over that region, including new ones that visit more pristine destinations. What's more, he knows many, many people. I intend to take another tour with him this winter, and another this summer.
I would be happy to pass along any messages to him. I admire people who are the best at what they do... professionals. DVD is one.

More Lijiang Travel Reviews
1. <C> Leaping Tigers and Festive Dogs STOCKTOV from CN Oct 12, 2006 10:10
2. Lights of Lijiang JABAROOTOO from CN Feb 13, 2006 06:02
3. <A> Tiger Leaping Gorge KIMBERLEY Oct 29, 2005 21:10
Comments (4)

Dec 7, 2007 01:27 Reply

YANGHENGWEI said:

David (DVD), his e-mail is viptour1983@hotmai.com, if you want information about dali,lijiang and shangrila, you can write him.

Nov 7, 2006 14:29 Reply

DALEN said:

I will be in Kumning early December. How can I get in touch with DVD to discuss a guided tour for 4-5 days tour. TKS

Nov 6, 2006 05:31 Reply

ADVENT said:

DVD must be a gem for you to take the trouble and time to recommend him to this website.

I will be going to Lijiang sometime in Nov 06 and definitely can use a good guide. Please more details:

1) Itineraries recommended for 3-4 days in Lijiang
2) Price
3) What's included

Thanks so much!

Nov 4, 2006 22:33 Reply

LCHOW said:

I also appreciate a good recommendation. Would you mind detailing more the service that David provided i.e. difference from other tour operato, price and experience? Thank ou

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.