Menu

Leshan Travel Reviews

Mr. KIM HYUN JOONG
Dec 30, 2011 03:48

My girlfriend and I had a walking tour to Mt. Emei this June. I’d like to share our journey with all of you.

Summery: Travelers who like hiking may take this route. We chose the longest route and walked about 60 kilometers to reach the summit in two days. On the third day, we enjoyed ... Details

• Views: 5547
  • Compliments: 3
  • Responses: 0
Jan 18, 2008 07:30

The afternoon sun is low, casting a soft glow across the red bluffs. As we stroll along the boardwalk on the opposite bank beneath the cool canopy of large trees a magnificent vista is slowly unveiled. Da Fu the Giant Buddha of Leshan reveals little from a distance – just a tantalizing taste ... Details

• Views: 4945
  • Compliments: 1
  • Responses: 2
Dec 8, 2005 23:12

The Chinese philosopher Lao Tzu famously said that a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. I always thought I knew what that meant.

A roasting bus journey and we (my friend Shane and I) were dropped unceremoniously in a back street of Emei Town. I’d never seen anything ... Details

• Views: 6070
  • Compliments: 0
Jul 7, 2004 18:07

Mt Emei is a world heritage listed Mountain range just one hours drive from Leshan and about 1.5 hours from Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan province. The mountan has been set up to recieve many thousands of visitors, and reminds me of a western snow village. Mini buses can run you up the mountain ... Details

• Views: 3307
Jun 13, 2004 15:06

In April 2004, my destination was mainly Leshan, Sichuan Province, but also had the opportunity to also visit Emeishan, Mt Emei,Meishan, Chengdu and Xin Wei.
The area is rich in Buddhist culture and history, but other notable features are the Bamboo Museum out of Meishan, the Museum to the famous ... Details

• Views: 3755