Menu

Jiuzhaigou Travel Reviews

Sort by:
Dec 20, 2006 21:12

The overloaded bus whined desperately as it struggled to make it to the top of yet another incline. There were ironic cheers from the small foreign contingent seated at the back as the antiquated vehicle finally crested a ridge, and we were rewarded with a stunning view down to the valley floor below, ... Details

• Views: 5538
  • Compliments: 0
  • Responses: 0
Nov 25, 2006 21:11

Being endowed with such magnificent titles as “A Fairyland on Earth”, “The Wonderland” and “Paradise on Earth”; Jiuzhaigou does not disappoint. Situated at the southern point of the Minshan Mountains, in Northwestern Sichuan, Jiuzhaigou lies within the Aba Tibetan ... Details

• Views: 4633
  • Compliments: 1
Dec 22, 2005 01:12

Journeys are to be savoured. Yes, now you can take an aeroplane to Jiuzhaigou but are you sure you want to ? Some places deserve to be a little difficult to get to. Jiuzhaigou is one of them. Give me a wet, muggy day in midsummer, a bus and 11 hours on the road and I’m not complaining. I didn’t ... Details

• Views: 5609
  • Responses: 3
Oct 23, 2005 07:10

It's strongly recommended to spend couple days at Jiuzhaigou, at least. You're probably able to cover every single site within a day, but you definitely can't spend much time at each site.

I was in rush walking, chasing buses, and shooting photos. Those incredibly fascinating views are much ... Details

• Views: 3091
Oct 23, 2005 05:10

10 hours on the bus from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou seems like a pain in the ass (Sorry if I don't appropriately use the words), and it is, in fact, really a pain in the ass.

But, guess what?, there're what you will miss if you decide to directly fly from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou.

The advantage ... Details

• Views: 2912
Sep 15, 2005 12:09

What's in a journey that makes it so memerable? It's the people, the places and the many experiences that colour each journey we take.

This journey began with the night train to Chengdu, where we were met on arrival by my young friend’s father. After a quick breakfast we left Chengdu ... Details

• Views: 3336
  • Responses: 2
Apr 26, 2004 16:04

I went there in Sep, 2001 and couldn't help thinking of it! That's really a beautigul place. Now I am sitting down writing out to let others know my real stories there! ... Details

• Views: 2793