Menu

Lijiang Travel Reviews

Sort by:
Nov 3, 2006 10:11

I didn't plan on staying in Lijiang long. Like some other writers on this forum, my first impression of the town was that there were too many tourists. I prefer out of the way places, so I was ready to head out for Shangrila and perhaps beyond. However, I met a tour guide who changed all of that for ... Details

• Views: 5102
  • Compliments: 0
  • Responses: 4
Oct 12, 2006 10:10

It was sunrise when I woke up at the Tea Horse Trade Guest House in the middle of Tiger Leaping Gorge on the edge of a mountainside.

There wasn't any room at the guest house when we arrived at 7pm the evening before, so the innkeeper laid out a giant 'bed' in the middle of the floor with padding ... Details

• Views: 4903
  • Responses: 0
Feb 13, 2006 06:02

Lijiang holds a special place in the heart many people – not least in mine. I was looking forward to a more leisurely second visit. The first time I had seen so very little in the one day we spent here during our five day package tour of Yunnan. This time we stepped off the bus shortly before ... Details

• Views: 4377
  • Responses: 1
Oct 29, 2005 21:10

Dozing in my seat for the first hour of the journey, I awoke to find that we were winding our way high up into the hills, twisting and turning along the roads that had been cut into the slopes, and passing some spectacular scenery. It was approaching late afternoon, so the distant fields and hills were ... Details

• Views: 3313
  • Responses: 0
Apr 29, 2005 16:04

Tiger Leaping Gorge, or TLG as people would call it, I would say it is not a popular travel site. Yet that has its advantage. You would not see tourists all over the place like you would in Lijiang Old Town. Tiger Leaping Gorges is one of the deepest gorges in the world. It is flanked by Jade Dragon ... Details

• Views: 2841
Feb 15, 2005 17:02

I've just spent a couple of wonderful days in the lovely city of Lijiang. I've heard of the accomadation being a little pricey in some areas but if you want somewhere to stay thats cheap ( 50 yuan ) and comfortable, there is a place right near the bus station. Its called the Ri Yue He hotel. The room ... Details

• Views: 2627