Menu
Menu
Beijing Time(GMT+8)
New York Time(GMT-5)
Greenwich Mean Time(GMT)
Beijing Time(GMT+8)
Profile Travel Reviews Travel Forum Travel Tips Photo album  
Chengdu Travel Tips
Your first-hand tips on an area you have been to in China will help other fellow travelers on their trip planning and on-the-spot stay. Please choose one of the specific categories.
Tips 9-16 of 19 Page 2 of 3 < Previous Next > Page:
Write Your Travel Tip
One cafe bar you can't miss...
By CAFELOVER | 9/16/2006 1:20:49 AM

I found this pretty marchine in one chengdu cafe bar named "feeling4seasons cafe" (http://www.f4scafe.cn),address:Orient Times Mall 2F,xia dongda street,chengdu. And they provide very very nice espresso,cappuccino and latte..with italy LAVAZZA. very nice service and price..
I love it....
You can reach them via 028-66208848.
Enjoy your cafe travl in chengdu....

Photo Exhibition at Cafe Paname
By MARKCHENGDU | 5/26/2006 3:26:54 AM

Cafe Paname has an exhibition of photos from the West of China, by Kirsten Allen.
Exhibition on until end of first week of June.
Address and map at www.randomstuff.biz - Chengdu guide (Stuff to Do in Chengdu/Bars Pubs Clubs section).

Cafe Paname on KeHua Jie nice place for a drink and have good music normally, sometimes by the guys from www.platypusmusic.cn.
Cafe Paname also conveniently close to the Roo Bar, also very nice place to relax with a few cold beers.

Direct flights from Chengdu to Europe
By MARKCHENGDU | 5/26/2006 3:16:18 AM

KLM are flying from Chengdu to Amsterdam on Mondays and Thursdays, and from Amsterdam to Chengdu on Wednesdays and Sundays, from 28th May 2006. www.randomstuff.biz has some more details in its Chengdu info/Travel section.

EXPRESS TRAIN CHENGDU-CHONGQING
By JABAROOTOO | 1/16/2010 11:04:42 AM

CAI YUAN BA STATION
Departs Chengdu07:44am arrives Chongqing12:23pm
Departs Chengdu16:58pm arrives Chongqing21:43pm
Departs Chongqing08:00am arrives Chengdu12:48pm
Departs Chongqing15:07pm arrives Chengdu19:55pm
The hard sits is Rmb 52/person
The soft sits is Rmb 81/person

CHONGQING NEW NORTH TRAIN STATION
Offers several departures daily to Chengdu

Tickets can now be purchased up to 7days in advance form small ticket sales offices all over the city.

Alternative route to Ermei Shan
By CLARENCE | 12/22/2005 3:24:22 AM

Ok, I am writing this to tell you guys that there is more than one way to get into Ermei Shan without going through the ticket booth, so whether it is a tourist trap or not, you decide alright?

If you take a bus from Xin Nan Men station in Chengdu to Ermei, you will stop at the town area, where I am not very sure. So when you alight from the bus, you will be swarmed by a dozen men on wanting to take you to Ermei Shan. Being tired and in a hurry to see the place (woke up late!), I talked to this guy and he offered to bring me to the cable car place where I can take a cable car to the temple (Wan Nian Ci) for 50RMB. So I said ok and then he told me if I pay a little more, he can bring me into Ermei Shan without going pass the ticket booth for 100RMB.

Being in an adventurous mood, I agreed and bargained and slashed the price to 70RMB, wondering if Im being conned. So off we went. True enough, along the twists and turns up Ermei Shan, we stopped and he started bringing me into one of the village. So the journey starts, with beautiful scenery of tea plantations and having a slight immersion on the village culture. The walk into and out of the tea plantations is beautiful. We ended up along the Deng Xiao Ping route in Ermei Shan and off I went climbing up to the temple.

You guys can try this alternative route if you are interested, cos I think you wont get to walk among tea plantations if you enter by the main entrance.

Sim's Cozy Guesthouse
By CLARENCE | 12/22/2005 3:10:39 AM

This youth hostel must be one of the best I had stayed so far. Friendly staff, nice atmosphere (even in winter!), food is great, everything is very organised! Owned by a Singaporean and his Japanese wife, this is the hostel to stay! I totally enjoyed my stay there! Thank you Sim!

Good, cheap hostel in Chengdu
By LEMONCACTUS | 12/13/2005 7:01:47 AM

You can do a lot worse the Soma Hostel, Chengdu.

Rooms are spacious & clean, staff are friendly and helpful, make onward bookings etc.

Nice cafe/bar at the top and a roof garden where you can sit out and watch the city lights.

Good location for the long distance bus station too. Great cake shop nearby and choice of Western & Chinese restaurants.

Seems a bit dodgy at first, as you have to go down an alley and use a really old lift. It's OK, it's a great find.

Here's the address:
6 Floor No. 81 NanDaJie, South Street, Chengdu

Have fun.

Budget place to stay in Chengdu
By ALMOND | 10/23/2005 5:42:54 AM

Try Sam's guesthouse if you like. This place provides good service, clean bedrooms, western bathrooms, tour packages, and internet access. (The internet access here is slow though)

You can directly send Sam e-mails to reserve for rooms if you like. He responses pretty quickly, and surely reserves rooms for you. Good luck!

Tips 9-16 of 19 Page 2 of 3 < Previous Next > Page:
Write Your Travel Tip