Menu

Chengdu Travel Reviews

Sort by:
Feb 13, 2015 06:58

Chengdu is a relaxed big city and worth a visit beside the famous Pandas. It's un-touristy and a must do is to try a hot pot restaurant and visit the people's park, the living room of the locals. Just a 6 hours drive from Chengdu we entered a total different world in the Tibetan Highland. ... Details

• Views: 5031
  • Compliments: 5
  • Responses: 2
Jan 4, 2013 20:52

After many years of daydreaming, I had a chance to be in the holly land, Chengdu. In fact, I had known Chengdu when I was a high school boy from the great novel Three Kingdoms. The dreaming to see the capital of Shu Dynasty always burn inside me. Besides, a wish to claim the Emeishan to see Samantabhadra ... Details

• Views: 4812
  • Compliments: 5
  • Responses: 0
Sep 1, 2011 02:31

It’s been 3 months since I visited to Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong Reserve. But I still remember my unforgettable trip.

Before the Dragon Boat Festival, I had been planning a trip to Chengdu to visit my former colleague together with my other friends. In the afternoon of May 31, ... Details

• Views: 6816
  • Compliments: 3
  • Responses: 1
Aug 10, 2011 04:18

For all foreign travellers. I recommend you not to visit Ranfang Jie, near 春熙路. I visited a little shop there and was scammed by the owner and other's who work at near by stores. They blocked off the entrance and blamed my guide and I for breaking a pen holder and asked for payment. It wasn't ... Details

• Views: 7745
  • Compliments: 12
  • Responses: 8
Mr. YOUNG
Nov 19, 2010 19:11

I would like to share an experience for the benefits of future tourists who came to Chengdu by air. My wife, daughter and I arrived Shaungliu Airport at about 1.30 am. At about 2 am, we joined a long queue at the taxi stand. Before boarding the taxi, and at about 2.20 am, I asked the driver the fare ... Details

• Views: 5734
  • Compliments: 7
  • Responses: 4
Feb 9, 2010 18:08

“Snake oil salesman” has a negative connotation to most of us. In America, he’s known as a shill, a salesman trying to pull the wool over our eyes with a product that does little to cure what ails us.

He usually skips town before the locals realize he’s a phony.

... Details

• Views: 14113
  • Compliments: 0
Feb 2, 2010 18:21

I admit, I enjoy eating pig’s feet. The pork embraced by a thick blanket of fat and barely clinging to an inner bone is some of the most tender meat your taste buds will ever encounter. Prepared with boiled potatoes covered with sauerkraut, the meal is among my all-time favorites. It was one ... Details

• Views: 5078
  • Responses: 1
Mrs. WANG
Jan 30, 2010 01:13

On June.22, 2009, I started my trip to Chengdu from Xian with one of my friends. We hopped on train K879 at 17:30 at Xian Railway Station and jumped off at 11:30 the next day at Chengdu Railway Station, where another friend was there waiting for us. The hard sleeper tickets cost us each 211CNY. It was ... Details

• Views: 4158
  • Compliments: 1
Aug 3, 2009 21:42

Chengdu is nationally famous for its local delicacies. They are various in taste and style which have never failed to attract travelers. There are spicy dishes waiting for you to come and challenge. But never worried. There are many sweeties as well to easy your pain from spicy food. If you go to the ... Details

• Views: 5488
Jun 20, 2007 23:06

Chengdu, a beautiful and idyllic city which is the capital city of Sichuan Province, has been endowed with a poetic name----“the city of Rong”. "Rong” is the abbreviation of peony in ancient China. Peony, which is almost treated as a national flower by Chinese people, is regarded ... Details

• Views: 15889