Menu
Menu
Beijing Time(GMT+8)
New York Time(GMT-5)
Greenwich Mean Time(GMT)
Beijing Time(GMT+8)
Profile Travel Reviews Travel Forum Travel Tips Photo album  
Dali Travel Tips
Your first-hand tips on an area you have been to in China will help other fellow travelers on their trip planning and on-the-spot stay. Please choose one of the specific categories.
Tips 1-8 of 8 Page 1 of 1 < Previous Next > Page:
Write Your Travel Tip
Higherland Inn, In Dali
By EDWARDADVENTURES | 7/28/2007 3:02:10 AM

If you want stay in Higherland Inn, you must up to the Cang Mountain.But you need pay for the entrance fee to enter the sinery area.Anyway, if you like quiet guesthouse and nice view.I think it is worth to stay 1 or 2 nights on the mountain, a lot of thing to see.

woodstock
By SWISSANDY | 3/6/2006 3:22:14 AM

Dali is a great place to hang out some days or weeks but becarefull of your Visa the time dont stop in Dali : ).. go too the CaffeinClub its the best caffe i ever have in china. and if you are there try the milkshakes... If you stay in the friendsguesthouse take care of your stuff the room-cleaner have long fingers..and dont smoke ganja from the old women its verry bad and expensiv.. all the best

Kunming to Dali (Old City)
By LEYGARA | 2/4/2006 2:52:24 AM

Camellia Hotel in Kunming excellent value - clean, friendly,very helpful - travel agent near gates good for tickets to Xiaguan (18kms south of Dali old city) - 104 Y one way - depart 9.40 - will arrange small bus from hotel to main bus station included in price - bus to Xiaguan a/c very comfy - 5hrs - catch no 4 local bus outside bus station to Dali - 30mins 1Y - excellent accom Tibetan Jims Hotel or Guesthouse - Michaels Travel for return ticket back Kunming. Enjoy this wonderful area

Dali transport
By KYLE | 10/15/2005 6:06:06 AM

Two ways to travel.
The bus costs 66 to Kunming. It took a lengthy six hours.
Then theres the sleeper train for 86. A good sleep on a nice train, it arrives in Kunming at 6:00 Am and leaves at 10:20 PM.

Bai 3 course tea and dance
By ETHNICEAST | 9/28/2005 8:39:09 AM

Go to Xi Zhou when you are in Dali old city to see the ethnic bai 3 course tea and dance show. About 50 yuans i think. you will taste the 3 flavours of the bai tea which are used at 3 different ocassions of the bai culture.

want a quiet and special place in Dali?
By GLORINE38 | 7/6/2005 4:11:33 PM

Hello,
I'd like to share some information with to you all. I found one wonderful place in Dali,Yunnan,China.
Thanks God leading me to visit this place, like paradise.
I experienced the amazing trip there.
There's one ex-priest of Dao(traditional religion in China) in the cabin, he provides lessons in Kung-Fu and Taichi, experiences of traditional Chinese philosophy(Dao) ,guide for mountain hike and accommodation.
His cabin is on the hill near ,about 40 minutes from Old Dali Town on foot. There is very quiet, natural and peaceful. What amazing trip for me!

If someone interested in this place, you can go to this website to see the cabin:
http://tw.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/juanviglori/my_photos

#The name of wonderful place: Cabin Dao
#Direction:
1.Go to the same way to cemetery
*Old Dali Town-Cemetery
8 minutes by taxi
30~35 minutes on foot
2.When you arrive the cemetery, don't turn right to enter it
3.Go ahead the main road until the end, you'll find one narrow path, and uphill
4.Along the path about 7 munites on foot, the 2nd house is Cabin Dao
#Cell phone: 86-13887271523
(Mr. Zhou, he's the ex-priest of Dao. He can't speak English.)

#E-mail: yawen0307@yahoo.com.cn
(the user of e-mail is one friend of Mr. Zhou, you can communicate with her in English or Spanish)

#Cost:
<discount price for students on lesson in Kung-Fu and Taichi>
Lesson in Kung-Fu +accommodation +3 meals per day
/7 days(one week):¥460

Lesson in Kung-Fu/7 days(one week):¥300
(meals not included)

Accommodation:
triple room: ¥40
(meals not included)

bed: 2nd floor ¥15 ; 1st floor ¥20
(meals not included)

Booking office
By LANGLANG | 2/15/2005 5:33:26 PM

There is a very good booking office in Dali. It is called "Micheal Yang Travel Booking office" on Boai Road. He said he is listed in the Lonely Planet ( I'm just taking his work for it as i don't have one ) but since it's publishing he has had to move for about half a year from his original address. He is now located on Boai Road, near "Foreigner Road" inside the old town. You can reach him at 267-81-89 or email
michael-yang44@hotmail.com You can get cable car tickets return for 60Yuan instead of the regular 82Yuan that is charged everywhere else and YES they are legit.

Travel to the west and the southwest of China
By LITTLETREE | 10/23/2004 10:11:03 PM

I am writing to express my idea for taking photograph. If you plan to have more view about China, especially rural life in China, go to the west and I am sure that you will have an unforgetable experience. Surely, a tour to the beautiful southwest of China as Kunming, Dali, Lijiang and Guilin is also an enjoyable experience

Tips 1-8 of 8 Page 1 of 1 < Previous Next > Page:
Write Your Travel Tip