Menu
Travel from Macau to Guangzhou
Sep 5, 2005 10:08
  • BBRC292
I will be arriving in Macau on 22nd Nov 2005 and I would like to go to Guangzhou from Macaus. Please advise me how can I get to Guangzhou from Macau?

Thank you.
Rodney Sim
Sep 6, 2005 00:49
  • BACKPACKER
You have to go to Gongbei Border, Zhuhai, China from Macau.

There is bus terminal from Gongbei to Guangzhou. It takes about 3hrs. (cost about RMB60)
Sep 6, 2005 05:50
  • BBRC292
Thank you for your reply. Please advise me how to get to Gongbei border from Macau. Details please. Thank you.
Sep 6, 2005 22:34
  • BACKPACKER
You have to go to Macau customhouse for custom clearance, then walk to Gongbei customhouse. Because of both customhouses are very close, you just need to walk from one to the other one(Macau -> Gongbei).

How to get to the Macau customhouse?
Airport bus#AP1 $3.3
Macau ferry pier bus#3 $2.5
In the urban area, there many choices:
Bus#3A, 5, 9, 9A 10, 10B, 18, 25 & 28C (all the bus fare is $2.5, please prepare the coins)

However, I suggest you to go there by taxi because the taxi fare is cheap.
Sep 7, 2005 03:45
  • BBRC292
Thank you Backpacker. Your information is superb, I really appreciate your help. I have another question. Do you know what is the frequency of the buses from Gongbei bus terminal leave for Guangzhou? I will only be Macau in the early afternoon.

I want to go Guangzhou for shopping with my wife. Any Hotel you can recommend close to shopping areas. By the way is Guangzhou Hotel (0.5 km from city centre) good?
Sep 8, 2005 01:17
  • BACKPACKER
The busese from Gongbai bus terminal leave to Guangzhou hourly.

I seldom travel to Guangzhou. I am sorry to let you know that I have no information about Guangzhou accommodation.
Sep 8, 2005 05:48
  • BBRC292
Thank you again Backpacker. By the way what is the condition of the buses going from Gongbei Bus Terminal to Guangzhou. Are the buses airconditioned.

Is there a train service going from Gongbei to Guangzhou?
Sep 8, 2005 09:50
  • BACKPACKER
That's my pleasure.

All the buses with air-conditioner and clean.

There is no train from Gongbei to Guangzhou.

Have a nive trip! ^^

Backpacker
Sep 26, 2005 10:50
  • GZLOCAL
Taking train from Shanghai to Guangzhou is very troublesome, because the railway system is very crowded, and not very secured.

Travelling by bus takes too long.

The GuangDong is held in two places this year, the one is Pazhou Complex, and the other is Liuhua Exhibition. and Pazhou Complex is a little far away from the city center, and Liuhua Exhibition is in the city.

I suggest that you should stay in the hotels in Tianhe district. Because it's 15 minutes taxi drive away from Pazhou, and still in the city.
But I think the price during this period of time is 50% more higher than usual. Guangwu is one of the hotels in Tianhe but not near by any subway station.

If you are search for a economic and convenient place to stay, you can rent an apartment in Tianhe.
Oct 3, 2005 20:19
  • LORIDETWILER
You seem to be very familiar with this area. We are moving to Zhuhai in july of 06 and we'll have 2 daughter's ages 13 and 16 who we need to find schools for. Do you know any international schools in the area? We do not want to board nor do we want send or live over in Hong Kong.

Thank you in advance for any help or resources you can offer.

Sincerely,

Lori Detwiler
Nov 11, 2005 11:28
  • YOGILLIAN
Hi,

Can I know the bus that goes to guangzhuo, where does it stop at? n the bus terminal is it juz next to the Gongbei customhouse. N is it safe to walk over fr macau customhouse to gongbei customhouse?
Page 1 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Travel from Macau to Guangzhou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code