Menu
Chinese movies have already had a status in the international film field
Sep 5, 2005 23:08
  • PEA28COCK
I am a loyal movie fan. I love moives and the beauty created by the them. For a very long time, the Hollywood big movies dominate the whole industy. Recently more and more Chinese moives get the recognition of the international world. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon had won the award of best foreign movie in the American Academy Award. Many other Chinese films had been nominated as the best forien movies in Oscar. Some Chinese actors and actresses really have drew great attention of the film producers or directors of foreign countries. They have won honor not only for themselves but also for all the Chinese. I really love them and will be support them forever.
Sep 6, 2005 03:33
  • GAZ07
They have?!

I think if you take Hong Kong movies out of the picture, there has been very little from China =(
Sep 6, 2005 03:37
  • RITA
Frankly speaking, Chinese moives still have a long way to go to get to the highest level of the world.
Sep 6, 2005 03:40
  • CALIFORNIA
Yes,you are right,Gaz!sometimes,I don't like the HK movies!I love watching the moives about chinese nationalities!
Sep 6, 2005 04:12
  • PEA28COCK
Yes, Chinese movies still have a long way to go. But all the people in the film field are making great progressing now, aren't they? They are making efforts to change the traditional concept fo the foreigners to Chinese movies. To some extent they have made miracles in the history of Chinese movies. You may not agree with me, but I believe so.
Sep 6, 2005 04:27
  • PEA28COCK
Gaz07, I think you'd better read more information about Chinese movies. You will find that except HK films there are a large number movies from the mainland of China. They are excellent!
Sep 6, 2005 04:30
  • RITA
Language is also a big obstacle to keep the Chinese movies away from the world movie market.
Sep 6, 2005 04:36
  • PEA28COCK
This is a very important point. I agree with you, rita. In recent years, we have the chances to see some good movies made by the actors and actresses from both China and Korea. They are trying their best to conquer this problem.
Sep 6, 2005 04:43
  • CONNY129
Hi ,Pea28cock ,who do you support ? Can you mention some of their names ? Are they all come from mainland ,and have got great impact not only in domestic market but also in overseas market?
Sep 6, 2005 05:02
  • ELCABRON
Hello??? Language is no point at all.

Sometimes it is the other way round:

Some movies that win prizes at international film festivals (at least those with content - not the action movies) never make it back to china because they are forbidden there.

Like "Blind Shaft" from Li Yang, the movie was made in China without license, shown outside, won prizes, but never made it back....only as copies under the counter.

Gaz is right to some point, even if the movie is not from HK, they get financed most of the time from outside of China.

But actually I dont see no difference anymore between CN or HK movies....

Here are some good Chinese movies I can recommend:

Suzhou River
Blind Shaft
Chongqing Express
In the mood for love
Huazhe (or Live from Zhang Yimou)

and of course all the typical "action" movies like:

Tiger and Dragon
Hero
House of the flying daggers

By the way, nearly all Chinese movies Ive seen have a kind of sad ending - why???

Sep 6, 2005 19:48
  • PEA28COCK
Hi, conny129, you seem to be confused by my conviction. Actually love is just a kind of feeling, so sometimes I cannot figure out the reasons. But here I can list you some names, actors and actresses for example Xia Yu, Ge You, Zhang Ziyi, Gong Li; directors like Zhang Yimou, Chen Kaige, Feng Xiaogang. I guess you must be very familiar with them. They have made a great impact both at home and abroad.
Page 1 of 13    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese movies have already had a status in the international film field
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code