Menu
Disease, money or morality?
Sep 8, 2005 04:50
  • ELCABRON
Good girl Rita, always believe in the good of human beeings;-)
Sep 8, 2005 04:57
  • PEA28COCK
To Rita: Firstly I really envy you, cos you could stay in the remote and poverty-strcken area for sometime to feel and try to understand the people there. I do believe that this will be a kind of wealth for you almost forever. I was, am and will be eager to have an experience like yours, just once. I don't know whether I can have such a chance or not. Sceondly I admire your bravery and sense of responsibility.
Sep 8, 2005 05:04
  • RITA
I saw, I experienced and I understand.
Sep 8, 2005 19:44
  • PEA28COCK
Well, Wocca, your point is interesting and really thought-provoking anyway! Frankly I partially agree with you. There are a group of people behaving likewise if the surroundings change, while other people do not. They always keep their faith or rather mood in the same state. Or they just change them for a tiny bit.
Sep 9, 2005 06:47
  • SHAWN
I could agree with your point of view.
But reality is not so same as our imagination.Present-day,More and more people concern morality and money more ,they even sell their souls ,in their eye ,Gold will buy everything.

I think Gold will not buy morality.

Shawn
Dec 23, 2005 02:59
  • RASTA
Wocca nailed it. To be true to ourselves me must do the moral/correct thing when no one knows.
We only cheat ourselves if we treat others poorly or lie. This is a huge issue in my country. USA.
Our media and journalists seem to teach the wrong things to our children. It has contributed to the dissolution of marriage and increased divorce rate. Kids watching TV believe what they see.
They are learning it is ok to cheat in marriage, worth is determined by possessions, and don't get me started on the bad influence of the rap culture. Excuses and blame have taken the place of personal responsiblity.
I guess every generation has felt this way about the ones that came after them. I just turned 38 and am often appalled at the behavior of those a mere 10 years younger. My mind hasn't decided if this is caused by my age or moving to Florida from Texas. Different cultures.
I hope to learn how the chinese feel about these issues. The most important thing in any relationship is TRUST. I hope to find many chinese I trust.
Dec 23, 2005 03:18
  • PEA28COCK
In fact trust is what we need and also what we are seeking for, no matter we are Chinese or Americn or any other nation.

We should tell the truth to others for most of the time, because sometimes white lies are really needed. :)
Dec 27, 2005 08:43
  • AHMI
same stuff happens in PAK and INDIA too so its not realy different than china.in PAK its even worse now.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Disease, money or morality?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code