Menu
Wow, Disneyland has come to us!
Sep 12, 2005 21:54
  • PEA28COCK
Hi, guys, Hong Kong Disneyland had opened on Monday. This may be the best news for the Disneyland mania. Are you ready to enjoy the real happiness in Hong Kong? I am now dying for that.
Sep 13, 2005 17:52
  • GAZ07
"Avenue of Stars" "Disneyland"

Oh dear, oh dear, my beautiful Hong Kong, what are they doing to you??

I thought Hong Kong had a culture of it's own, without needing to clone The United States of Embarrassment.

=(
Sep 13, 2005 19:47
  • PEA28COCK
Hey, Gaz07, I really don't understand your meaning. Embarrassment??? Disneyland is just a way for people to amuse themselves, so I think it should belong to all the people in the world, in other words, every one on this planet has the right to enjoy it. Can you be kind enough to explain your ideas?
Sep 13, 2005 20:11
  • CONNY129
Every country or city has its own culture and history ,and should build up its own feature to attract people . when we thought of "Avenue of Stars" ,"Disneyland" ~~ we know they are American not HongKong ,can they be the symbol of Hongkong ? I doubt .

So I guess Gaz07 means that Hongkong should has its own feature ,there is no need to imitate others .

when we mentioned Terra Cotta Warriors ,we first think of the city Xi'an ,that it is .
Sep 13, 2005 20:15
  • PEA28COCK
Hi, Conny, thanks for your explanation. I am not sure about the real meaning of Gaz's reply, but I can figure out something from your answer. Thanks again.
Sep 13, 2005 20:33
  • QQSTAR
That is really a good news,not only for children,but also for adult. One day I must be there.
Sep 14, 2005 01:34
  • CONNY129
Gaz has deep affection to HongKong , he wants Hongkong to be unique ^_* ( I guess )

Can't we build our own theme park?
Sep 14, 2005 01:39
  • CALIFORNIA
Disneyland is nothing for my:-)
Sep 14, 2005 02:42
  • ELCABRON
It is like a disease spreading all over the world. I heard it will reach Shanghai around 2012.....

But I have to commit Ive been to several of those D-Lands....I was forced of course;-)
Thats the problem with globalization, you hate it and love it at the same time.

About culture of Hong Kong:

MONEY is the culture of Hong Kong - so actually D-Land fits well;-) Money was the reason HK was founded and it always was a mixture of different cultures. So why not the main symbol for commerce (after McD and Coca Cola...)???
Im just surprised about the small size. I heard it fits into the Paris one for 14 times!!!
And average waiting times are about 90 Minutes. But in China people are used to bigger crowds so I guess it wont have any impact on its success

Reading "one day I must go there" makes it clear:
D-Land is a Mecca;-)

About "our own park":
Yes, some national feelings are welcome!
But when I enter the city center of Xian and climb up the bell tower I already have the impression of a Chinese theme park when the commercial advertisement of the opposite shopping mall (played in disco volume) makes it impossible to hear the bell anymore.

Or I heard the first Starbucks opened in the Forbidden City - the idea is great! Why not a Forbidden City Disneyland??? A "restaurant" of each brand McD, BurgerK, KFC and PizzaHut and Micky sits on top of the Dragons Throne;-)
Sep 14, 2005 02:56
  • CONNY129
next time when you come to Xi'an ,Tang Paradise should not to be missed :) it's our theme park to show the culture and architecture of Tang Dynasty,really splendid !
Sep 14, 2005 03:56
  • PEA28COCK
To California: You said that Disneyland is nothing for you. I cannot understand very well. Don't you like those cute and lovely characters?
To Elcabron: You are so differnt, I have to say. Almost every time when reading your reply, I was drawn into thought. You have a lot of experience and know well about the society and the morden people, right? You point is sharp. It makes people think. Every person should keep his or her own characteristics, being yourself, and the same circumstances to a county.
Page 1 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Wow, Disneyland has come to us!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code