Menu
SALSA in Chengdu?
Sep 22, 2005 15:39
  • ZYGOTE
Guys I'm visiting Chengdu sometime in mid Nov. Can someone tell me what the weather is going to be like so I can come perpare. Also I know that is going to sound silly. But does Chengdu have any place where i can go dance Salsa?
Jan 24, 2006 01:46
nope there is no place to dance Salsa in Chengdu, I can say that for sure. All attempts to establish a regular Salsa night in Chengdu failed. Ocassionally you might be able to hear a song or 2 in the usual suspects laowai bars....
Yes I know it's sad. I myself tried to set up a latin night several times, but ppl are too shy and don't know how to dance....since there is no real Salsa teacher in Chengdu it'll be like this for god knows how much longer...
M98 bar used to have a Cuban band, finally got rid of them....wasn't real Salsa though, chessy latin to please the crowd....

greetings
dj joe
www.platypusmusic.cn - chengdu underground music
Dec 16, 2007 00:37
GUEST16796 Any change in this situation? It's now nearly 2008 :)
Oct 3, 2008 11:33
GUEST20125 No. I grew up in Chengdu and lived in US for 18 years and i am a salsa dancer. I have asked all my friends and people i know about where i can go for a latin dance...but the answer is no...the soical dance they can tell are the ones on the senoirs on the side of the street...what i a pity...i want to dance salsa so badly.
Jul 18, 2009 23:44
GUEST83468 hey guys! good news! the situation changed for now! I know there are a few places to dance salsa, Tuesday night in BANDA BAR, Thursday and Saturday night in music house bar! If you want to know the specific address, please add me msn: hotmail.com|fish_inthesky!
Sep 10, 2009 06:38
GUEST12132 hey everyone, there are some latest news for the place to dance salsa! Tuesday and saturday night at Banda(half dozen) bar, Thursday night at Carol Too! hope you can enjoy your salsa dance in chengdu. if anyone can not find these place, just let me know, hotmail.com|fish_inthesky! see ya!
Sep 15, 2009 19:27
GUEST53614 hi, things change quickly these days, now we have changed the schdule for dancing, here is: Monday night at Rainbow NO.61; Wednesday and Saturday night at Banda(half dozen)!
Apr 4, 2010 22:23
GUEST24220 Hi I am in Chengdu on business and hoping to find a place to dance Salsa while I'm here. Please email me if you know the local clubs! I am here until April 15th and staying at the Crowne Plaza. Is the Monday night club still open? Thanks! gmail.com|mcmillen.mark
May 3, 2011 06:15
GUEST95555 Really? I heard Carol's had salsa lessons. I know they just hosted the Salsa Carnival in town.
Jun 13, 2011 20:03
GUESTROCKY There is officially Salsa dancing lessons and dance nights in Chengdu. I already know how to dance salsa, merengue, etc., but I took a lesson out of curiosity when I heard that Shamrocks was hosting a Latin night on Thursdays in Chengdu. It was a lot of fun and I have never seen so many Chinese people dance salsa so well. It was amazing!

Call the dance studio for more info:
So-Show Club
1 388 1974 200
QQ: 1500 17982

Call Shamrocks for more info:
Ph: 86+28+85236158

The Shamrock Bar
No.15 Renmin NanLu,
Section 4, Chengdu
Sichuan Province.
(Near USA Consulate)
Jun 27, 2011 10:26
GUEST47120 This sounds great. I dance salsa, only Cuban style though, and several other latin dances (I also teach them, but I am not here to do that, but I would
like to see :)

Is that night on Thu 30.7.? Or some info on some other salsa nights?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: SALSA in Chengdu?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code