Menu
Why Foreigners are better treated than local Chinese?
Sep 25, 2005 23:57
  • HKMASTER
I am from Hong Kong myself, I always think for some reasons we chinese treat foreigners better than our own people. Of course it is normal for people to treat someone with passion and hospitality when they are visiting China, but then it is something wrong that we don't use the same way to treat our fellow countrymen. This is simply so sad.
Sep 26, 2005 00:03
  • JABAROOTOO
Do you really think that all Chinese treat all foreigners well. Ask any off us and we can give you a few personal experiences to the contrary.

It depends who you are, where you are, why you are here and what people want from you.

On the whole we do get better treatment but there are some striking exceptions.

Let's hear what others have to say.
Sep 26, 2005 00:03
  • CALIFORNIA
Yes,the phenomena is exist!I think it has relations with economic!
Sep 26, 2005 07:23
  • GOT2GO
I completlye agree with Jabarootoo. I have met many people in China and the United States that are very gracious. I have also had bad experiences with people in both countries. It has everything to with the situation.

Don't let one bad apple in a bunch spoil it, I believe.
Sep 26, 2005 08:39
  • DOUTIN
To Jabarootoo:

We all know the price of this hospitality!
Nothing more to say..
Sep 26, 2005 18:04
  • GAZ07
I wasn't treated with "passion and hospitality" in Hong Kong.... but i was most of the time on mainland China (not including tourist scammers). I'd like to thank the Chinese people for that =)

I found the younger people in China very friendly. The older generation were not as friendly, but curious.

I agree with California, China is opening to the world, both sharing cultures and for business reasons.
Sep 26, 2005 18:24
  • HKMASTER
To Doutin:

what is the price then?
Sep 26, 2005 19:57
  • CALIFORNIA
To Gaz:yes,the old is curious!Because the country was closed more than 2000 years,they don't know the world!Everything:-(But if you communicated with them,they are very friendly,sometimes,I love chatting with them.
The chinese society changed so lot,and the youth wanted to know more about the world!So they look like very friendly!!!
Sep 26, 2005 22:23
  • DOUTIN
To CALIFORNIA: They/You ARE friendly, they/you don't just look like ;-)
Sep 26, 2005 22:27
  • CALIFORNIA
To Doutin:Yes,I think you undertand me,they looks like......
Sep 27, 2005 00:59
  • KYLE
Although in every country I have visited locals have been extremely helpful, Chinese people have something spectacular about them. In every (larger) city I have been in locals have been extremely helpful. They go wayyyyy out of their way to show me something, bring me somewhere, or just to say hello. In any city I have ever been in if I stop to pull out my lonely planet to find out where I am, I never have enough time to read a page. A Chinese is always there to explain (At a million words per minute (in Chinese)) where I should go. Locals will pay for tickets, buy cigarettes, pay for the beer, or just say hello. One man said this was because of the culture. I also don’t believe Chinese people do this for each other. I think it might be just to see how we react. It’s like when people tap on a fish bowl to see what the fish does. Chinese do something to us aliens to see what we will do.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Why Foreigners are better treated than local Chinese?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code