Menu
China Travel for the Holiday
Sep 28, 2007 05:44
  • LEMONCACTUS
Hi Mishen

I've been to Benxi water caves, worth a visit I think but do it as a daytrip from Shenyang - there's nothing in Benxi worth staying there for, and I do know, I lived there for over a year ;) You can do the caves in much less than a day, a few hours will be plenty. Suggest bus from Shenyang to Benxi, then take a minibus from outside the main bus station at Benxi... regular buses hop out to the caves.

Suggest staying at Baihe for Changbaishan. I took the bus out of here (Erdaobaihe, to be precise) to Yanji and it took about 4 hours. Should imagine buses run the opposite way. Can't be much more help... I did write an article on it and there's some travel info at the bottom that might be helpful, posted below:

By: taxi
Cost: 20RMB return
Time: 30 minutes

Getting Away:

By: bus
Cost: 33.80RMB
Time: 5.30am depart Erdaobaihe, 9.30am arrive Yanji

Changbaishan

Entrance Ticket: 100RMB
Bus Ticket (required!): 45RMB
Access to Waterfall & Heavenly Lake by foot: 40RMB
Access to look down on Heavenly Lake by jeep: 80RMB

Accommodation

Having stayed at Erdaobaihe, I would advise travellers to stop at Baihe (白河). It is a larger town and probably has much better accommodation options. Of course, travel to and from Changbaishan might be slightly more expensive as it is further away than Erdaobaihe.

Enjoy!!

PS: As you're in the area, why not spend a day in Ji'an and check out the Koguryo tombs too!

I'm letting other people travel this holiday, got a couple of friends coming from Xi'an and we'll probably make a couple of day trips to nearby places in Zhejiang.
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: China Travel for the Holiday
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code