Menu
WALK SLOW
Oct 10, 2005 03:59
  • RITA
Another question poeple frequently ask is "Gan Ma Qu? - Where are you going" I understand if you feel uncomfortable and don't know how to respond when you actually plan for some private or personal business. Plus, you hate lying:). Well, from my experience people do not necessarily care much about where exactly you are heading for, it's just a kind of greeting. When I am asked, most of the time I answer by "Just walking - Suibian Zou Zou!" There are exceptions, that is the person really wants to know where you are going, I usually give honest answers to relatives or close friends or families.
Oct 11, 2005 01:40
  • DOUTIN
I really started appreciating "Man zou" or "Man dianr a" when I got involved with Mandarin speakers who can't speak foreign languages..especially when it's said by your friends.

If Chinese order so much food but can't finish it, it's not only to show that they CAN buy it. They pay you such a suptuous meal it's also because they are expressing their respect. They would always ask at the end "Chibao le meiyou?", I guess RITA is right here [60's].
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: WALK SLOW
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code