Menu
Siguliang & Wolong Panda Reserve
Oct 9, 2005 09:17
  • SAYHITOANT
I will be taking a package tour with my wife from 19 - 28 Oct 05 which will cover Jiuzhaigou, Emei and leshan,etc. From 28 - 31, it will be free and easy for us. During this period (ie. 28-31 Oct) we intend to visit Siguliang and wolong to see Panda. Is the 4 days 3 night able to cover this two places comfortably? If not,we may visit hailougou instead. Or is there other better options that we can do during these 4 days. Both of us are nature lover.

We would greatly appreciate it if anyone can advise us on the above. Thanks!

Oct 9, 2005 09:41
  • JABAROOTOO
Will this be on tour or independant travel??

I visited Wolong last summer to see the Panda. Read my Travel Review 'Journey to Juizhaigou' for a little about that.

Four days is plenty to do these two places. Wolong only requires half to a day and Siguliang you can spend longer enjoying the mountains and hiking. Spend some time in Danba or Ma er kang area as well.

Friends just went there this past week so I you like I can ask a bit moreinformation. They self drove and spent 4/5 days inthe area covering a lot of ground.
Oct 9, 2005 10:06
  • SAYHITOANT
Hello Jabarootoo! Thanks for your prompt advice. My wife & I have read your reviews this afternoon. There are very informative indeed.

We are likely to go on a tour since this is our first time in Sichuan. Is independent travel a better option?

My wife loves the Giant Panda very much. She really hopes that she can touch/carry the panda or get a close up with the panda like you do (saw your picture with a panda in your review page). I read from the internet that it is possible to do so but cost quite a lot.

We would appreciate it if you could ask your friend who had visited Wolong recently for more information. Thanks!
Oct 9, 2005 10:18
  • JABAROOTOO
Going with a group is probably the best for you as public transport to Wolong Park is not very practical. And generally speaking public transport takes longer than tours. On the down side of tours they don't always give you the free time you need to appreciate the places.

You can pose with a baby panda for a price. Sorry I can't say how much. We were fortunate to go with locals so it cost us nothing. I don't even know how much the park entrance fee was if anything. You may also enjoy a visit to the Research station in Chengdu if you cannot combine Wolong in a tour?

Enjoy your trip and please do give us some feed back when you get a chance. Any thing to improve the information gap is welcome.
Oct 10, 2005 20:34
  • SAYHITOANT
I will certainly provide my feedback when I am back from my trip since I have benefitted from this forum.

One more question, what is the different between Wolong Panda Reserve & the Reseach station in Chengdu? Tks.
Oct 10, 2005 20:57
  • CONNY129
Wolong Panda Reserve is a comprehensive state natural reserve of 200,000 hectares Chengdu Panda Breeding Research Center is more like a park more details you can check http://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/
sichuan/chengdu/panda-breeding-and-research-center.htmhttp://www.travelchinaguide.com/
attraction/sichuan/chengdu/wolong.htm
Oct 11, 2005 07:47
  • SAYHITOANT
Thanks Conny129! I have a better understanding now.
Feb 13, 2007 20:58
  • NIKINOO
Hi Conny,

I am interested in visiting Chengdu to see the pandas later this year. I just wondered if you knew anything about the volunteer program at Wolong? Thanks for advising that there are 2 places to the see the panda, I will most likely visit both.

Regards,
Niki
Mar 18, 2007 16:29
  • ALYTH
I am going to volunteer at Wolong in August of this year. I booked the trip through a company called Posh Journeys in the US. I had searched for many months to try and find a tour company that would take me to Wolong, as I didn't want to go on my own, and this seems to be the best one. website is www.poshjourneys.com.
Sep 7, 2007 21:12
  • ELIXIR0219
Hello - I'm expecting to arrive at the Wolong Panda Preserve this Thursday, Sept 13 and would love nothing more than to hold and take a picture with a panda (I'm in vet school, so this really would mean the world to me). However, I've been reading and hearing conflicting stories concerning my chances of actually being able to do this. I'm willing to pay whatever the cost. Would this be something I should have arranged before my trip? Would it be too late to arrange something now? Any help/insight would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!
Jan 15, 2008 09:51
GUEST34227 We are planning to visit the Wolong Panda Reserve in April 2008. What did you think of the Reserve? Were you able to hold a panda? If so, and you don't mind to share, what was the associated cost?

Thanks and hope you enjoyed your trip!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Siguliang & Wolong Panda Reserve
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code