Menu
Children's train prices
Oct 27, 2005 04:09
  • IRACUBET
hi to All.

Does anyone know whether children under 12yrs-old have special price for the train from Beijing to Xian?
Oct 27, 2005 04:14
  • RITA
If your childreb are under 1.1m, they can take train free of charge, and between 1.1-1.4m, they need to pay half of the adult ticket.
Oct 27, 2005 04:15
  • CONNY129
it depends on his height ,usually children under 1.1 meter are free of charge in tourist spots and bus .
Oct 27, 2005 04:19
  • RITA
But if you buy discount tickets for your children or if they are under 1.1m(free of charge), they won't have seats or bunks of their own.
Oct 27, 2005 04:27
  • CALIFORNIA
If you forget to buy a ticket for your children,they will use this for testing,haha:-)Joking!

Oct 28, 2005 02:24
  • IRACUBET
Thanks everyone. Hopefully, we'll get to sightsee most of the places...with two children in tow. will post some pictures when we return home. BTW, what about flights? Heard that there are 70% discounted flights to xian from beijing during the low peak period of Nov. Is it true?
Oct 28, 2005 02:36
  • RITA
Flight discounts? Maybe you can get better discounts in low tourism season.

Good luck!
Oct 28, 2005 02:45
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,iracubet,yes,there is some discounts in the low period!and from Beijing to the other cities,it is cheap enough!But now,about 60%!

Oct 28, 2005 03:09
  • IRACUBET
Hi! thanks. I don't get it...low enough means?? normal price is 1150 RMB..is it two-ways?

Let me trouble you further...

1. I'm back-packing with my wife and 2 kids. I want it to be a study tour for them. Which hotel nearest to railway station would you recommend?

2. Will we be able to visit the sights without incurring large fees...like getting tour guides? We understand the language.

3. Is it safe for a young family?

4. In November, what time does it get dark?

thanks. again...sorry if I'm asking too much.

Oct 28, 2005 03:25
  • RITA
1, I do not recommend any hotels near railway stations for your safety's concern, actually, the railway stations are very easy to get to in any city by taxi or bus.

2,Neither do I recommend you get tour guides in any sightseeing spots, they will keep steering you to factories and shops if not worse. Since you decided to backpack, it's good to step further to prepare more on the sites you will visit. But I guess it will be a little bit hard travel with two kids.

3, Safety problem is the least you should concern I think. Don't worry.

4, It depends on where specifically you will travel, it differs a lot on when it gets dark.

5, Good luck!
Oct 28, 2005 03:38
  • CALIFORNIA
The lowest airplane ticket is 690RMB from Beijing to Xi'an now!
1.Yes,I agree with Rita,I don't think it is a good choice that you stay the hotel nearest the railyway station,it is a bit dangerous!
2.If you understand chinese,you can follow a tourist group!chinese or foreigners!If you don't like this way,you can employee a tour guide.
3.Safe enough!
4.You can control your time easily!
Have a nice trip!

Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Children's train prices
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code