Menu
China against The World
Nov 2, 2005 20:44
  • SNOWBIRD
TCG has grown. The community is now worldwide. The forum is about China and the rest of the world. Like many members, I hated the way the forum has progressed. I would prefer the forum be on China travel and general chinese topics. But sadly very few people have spoken up. Those who did were unfortunately shot down ...and ended up dead. A member talked about visiting Latvia in Eastern Europe and Kenyanlover has talked about visiting Kenya in East Africa. Is this the way for TCG to progress? Lets visit the world, China can wait!!! Agreed????
Nov 2, 2005 22:13
  • RMAYEKAR
Okay, okay...I may have misunderstood your post under the "KenyaLover" post the other day. I thought you were saying why go anywhere when you can just watch it on National Geographic.

I do agree with you that some of the posts don't really belong on a "China" forum, but there isn't much that can be done (at least I don't think). Let's just be thankful that these posts are few and somewhat far between and we can just ignore them. :)
Nov 8, 2005 09:17
  • JABAROOTOO
Don't dispair Snowbird,

But let's vist CHINA NOW It is still one of the most popular distinations at the moment and will be for some time.

I also was surprised to see postings about other places outside China. There are plenty of other Travel Guides and forums like 'Virtual Tourist' where these places can be promoted.

I guess for some they are so excited about going abroad that they want to share it!!!!!!

There will always be others who do not fully understand the purpose for things, no not read the instructions or just get confused about how to particiapate in communities like this.

Just have to take some not so good along with the good and ignore the rest.
Nov 8, 2005 16:58
  • PINETREE
Snowbird, China may be able to wait but in that case don't join this China Travel Forum - unless u wish to interprete this as a Forum for Chinese to visit other countries. I joined this COmmunity to discuss about China not the other way around. Have I joined the wrong Community/Forum, I wonder ?
It is quite common for participants to disgress out of the original subject matters. For this reason there are some who recommend the need of a moderator - I support this in theory, though it would be difficult for the moderator as well. It all depend on the discipline and quality of the participants.
Nov 9, 2005 21:56
  • CONNY129
Let's forget those threads unrelated to China .I always deemed that everything related to China such as followes can be discussed and shared .
1. you precious time spent in China
2. your question before you head for China
3. the questions you have when you living or studing in China
4. culture shock
~~
~~
do you agree ?
Nov 10, 2005 03:16
  • ELCABRON
Your company actually offers trips to Nepal and India/Rajasthan, too. Maybe this is why people think it is a global travel page?
Nov 18, 2005 21:49
  • PINETREE
WOCCA summarises the situation well.
I too am not sure what I am at this Community so often for - other than the fact that I am very interested in everything Chinese and would love to be connected with it ?! I joined trying to be disciplined to talk only about China tourism. I ended up indulging in other discussions. I have strayed, too. But in the process of such out of text discussions, I do gain little insights into the thinking process and views of the China's Chinese and that I treasure.
I have also registered as a volunteer in TCG.
For anyone is interested in China's tourism, infact there are many other resources that are avail other than TCG. This boils down to what is this Community here for, too ?
Nontheless, I am quite happy at the way this Community is being conducted by the members (even tho am quite new to this Community ) - at least the members here are not rowdy at all and the general atmosphere, friendly.

Nov 19, 2005 05:11
  • SNOWBIRD
All of us enjoy a little bantering. All in good spirit. Nobody should feel offended. Take it that the postings are someone's opinion which you may or may not agree. I have seen much nonsense on my postings. I care less. It is their prerogative. Similarly, my reply to the postings of others are also my right of opinion. They can take it or leave. So, all said and done...lets help each other in genuine situations and continue to enjoy the general forum as it is.

Nov 19, 2005 17:53
  • GAZ07
Was accusing Gireeshak of lieing and condemning china a bit of banter then?
Nov 19, 2005 19:53
  • SNOWBIRD
Hey hey!! GAZ07...thats your opinion man!! Say what you like. Its your prerogative.

Nov 19, 2005 21:05
  • PINETREE
Don't think anybody really accused Gireeshak of anything. It was done in jest and Gireeshak himself accepts the fun graciously. This is part of the fun and spirit.
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: China against The World
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code