Menu
anybody from Tianjin here?
Jun 10, 2004 14:41
  • FIIKSKE

Hi,

I'm new into the expat community (China is my first destination), and I'd love to meet some other foreigners that live here in Tianjin.

Any ideas where to start?
Nancy
Jun 11, 2004 09:27
  • BONITA
You mean you want to visit China, don't you?
China is so large country, with so many thing awaiting your exploration. Long history, dense national culture, and beautiful scenery enchant so many people! Which point will you want to know more about?
If for history, I suggest that Beijing and Xi'an should be your first start.
Jun 16, 2004 10:55
  • FIIKSKE

Hi,

No, I don't need suggestions about travelling in China. For the moment I need suggestions for meeting expats who live in Tianjin ;-)

Greets'
Fiikske
Jun 24, 2004 08:05
  • INTIANJIN
I'm in Tianjin. I arrived in June and will be here until August. I'm not sure where other westerners are. I'm trying to find where everyone hangs out and chats. I need a western social circle. I can't find cigarillos and I'm staying with locals. Here are some pages I've found so far in my search for westerners.

http://www.expatriate-jin.com/bottom/contact.htm
http://alibabas.tianjinweb.com/index.htm
http://pablos.tianjinweb.com/food.htm
Jun 28, 2004 11:37
  • INTIANJIN
The westerners hang out at Alibaba's. Mainly western students and some chinese female wannabe groupies from the University seem to be there. Its a good place to sit, smoke, eat, and have a beer. Finding it is tricky because the place doesn't say Alibaba on it. From the Nankai University you walk across the big street and go to the left wise. You'll see a side street which has Smoke World and some red/yellow logo'd chain restraunt on its corner. Walk down this street for 2 minutes or so and you'll see a side street on the right containing Alibabas. Alibabas is on the right hand side of this street. There are bikes parked outside of it and it has a neon looking sign over the door in chinese. It kind of looks like a bar. The easiest way to find it is to walk back and forth until you run into a westerner who is heading there.
Jun 30, 2004 22:55
  • JUANJUAN
there r two bars for westerners to go for fun.
one is NYC music kitchen..i think its the most expensive bar/disco in tianjin...30RMB for a Corona extra...and 30RMB for ticket on weekends...but its really a good place to meet new western friends...i cant tell the exactly address but its very easy to find...its besides the Mcdonalds'on FU KANG road....and face the KFC too....
another bar where westerners like to go its zhong peng bar...generally they came from Australia...the address is NO.94,Nanjing Rd.1st floor of Youyi Hotel....TEL 23123425
there is a bar street for locals..Add: Dist. A, No.16, Friendship Rd., Hexi Dist
Jul 13, 2004 13:48
  • JBAVAY
Hi,

I came to TJ 3 months ago, and I must admit that it is difficult to find the good spot to hang out etc. Where are the foreign students and expats? Well, I don't know! I've been walking and biking for weeks and I barely seen a foreigner... do they stay home all day long? Anyway, I really like "Broadies Tavern" Youli Lu (bar street) and a local bar called "rainbow pub" No12 Yanhe road, it's 5 minutes from Sheraton hotel but it's really local and I like it.
If you know where can I play soccer with local or expat please let me know. Thanks.

JB.
Jul 14, 2004 10:00
  • BILLIE
Maybe everbody has his/ her own business to do in the daytime. Students should have some classes, and employees should work to earn money. Night is the time for them to go out for amusement. Some pubs and bars are the best places for relaxation. The few foreigners you met on the street may some tourists I think:D
Oct 11, 2004 15:13
  • MARCUS
He nihao

I live in Tianjin since july and I come back in France in December if I don't find a job.

I currently work in a chinese company and go out every night.

There are many places to dance and drink here:

The Olympika: a band and then dj, nice atmosphere but high prices.

Cosy bar: many expat, there is a band too and prices high.

Bommerang: Hip hop bar, cool place.

Rainbow: lot of expat, a band plays each day.

Tian lon: a show each night and then the scene becomes a dance floor. Many many chinese people, very popular place.

Banana: same as tian lon, show and then dance.

Ali baba: little bar hard to find but very cheap prices (vodka bottle at 60 rmb and spaghetti bolognese at 10 rmb). Usually you go here when you are completely drunk :p

The Pink: brand new place in Binjiandao, very big, high prices but only techno :(

The other places are not so good but if you want more i can tell you.

Bye
Oct 12, 2004 16:29
  • JBAVAY
Hi,

I live in TJ, where is the Olympica and Tian lon?

JB.
Oct 14, 2004 08:43
  • JULIANNE
Hi Nancy,
I am going to Tianjin today, leaving Osaka in a few minutes. I am going to be working at Nankai University, so maybe we can meet up? Send me an e-mail.
Thanks
Julianne
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: anybody from Tianjin here?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code