Menu
Winter destination in achina
Jun 13, 2004 03:23
  • JAYE
Can you advise me please?

I plan to go to China around Dec 20 or 22 to early January with two friends. We can only stay 2 maybe 3 weeks. Usually, we prefer to travel on our own, without a tour group. We want to see Shanghai, and we don't want to be too cold. We often like to stay a few days in each place rather than rushing around too much. Where should we go, please, and what should we see.

Judith Kaye
Jun 14, 2004 08:57
  • SNOWWIN
Hi, Jaye.
I suggest you visit the ancient water town--Zhujiajiao in the suburb of Shanghai for several days to enjoy the tranquility. Zhujiajiao is considered "Shanghai's Venice".

Have fun!
Jun 14, 2004 10:37
  • BILLIE
It is a little bit cold in Shanghai for that time.
If you want to escape from the cold, why not to choose some coastal cities as your destinations?
Such as Xianmen, Sanya, ...
Jun 15, 2004 12:40
  • JAYE
Many thanks! I will! How long should I spend in shanghai, includign he waer town you mentioned? Jaye
Jun 15, 2004 14:23
  • BONITA
If you just want to travel around Shanghai and Zhujiajiao, I think three daus are enough! If you have more time, I would strongly recommend the itinerary of Shanghai, Hangzhou, Wuxi, and Suzhou. From these, you can masticate picturesque water towns in Southeast China as classic Chinese architecture. And tranquil, peaceful "Oriental Venice" - Zhouzhuang is noted for its profound cultural background, the well preserved ancient residential houses, the elegant watery views and the strong local colored traditions and customs.
Jun 16, 2004 16:43
  • OLEK
I am from china living in Shanghai.I think there is nothing intersting here.I'd rather go to Zhejiang or Jiangsu province,the city such as Hangzhou ,Suzhou...There will be a better scene than Shanghai.But i have to say that it is very intersting in nighlife.THe busy saloon,the beautiful girls with warm heart,etc.
Jun 18, 2004 05:36
  • SNEUSTEIN
i am from New york lest winter i took 5 days in hainan province i can tell ther is nothing like it in the world i traveled the world extensivly sanya beaches are by far #1 and not crowded

Jun 18, 2004 09:06
  • CYNTHIAA
Hainan is a better choice for your winter trip. Better to avoid any shopping there. Not too much worthy of purchasing
Aug 11, 2008 23:50
GUESTLILY My friends and I plan to go to China for Christmas and new year countdown in december, we have only 8 days in china, so is Shanghai best for new year countdown ? And we will go by our own, taking train from Beijing to Shanghai. So besides these 2 provinces, we plan to go one more place, what is your recommendation ? Nanjing, Suzhuo or else ?

Thank you
Aug 13, 2008 05:16
  • ALYSSA
Hi, you can go to yunnan province, southwest of China,there you can enjoy a warm winter, everyday sunshine, blue sky, flowers , trees still in blossom, the average temperature in daytime is 23 degree, and the best is there is no rain in winter time, if time permits, you can go further to south Asia, like thailand, laos, vietnam... there are good flight connections between kunming and other cities in south Asia. personally, i don't like winter in shanghai, too cold for me, and they don't have heating inside, you have to open the air conditioner in the rooms, it is not so healthy .
Aug 13, 2008 12:52
  • ELLYSE
Hong Kong, Shanghai or Beijing.
Please note that Beijing and Shanghai are municipalities (or cities), not province.
If you only have 8 days, I think Shanghai and Beijing would already be quite enough for your time!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Winter destination in achina
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code